Home

OOS

Posted By: Getting There

OOS - 08/24/17 05:59 PM

Was over in Evart this past week end and was talking with one of the vender and he said he sets his OOS mole trap above ground. The ground has to be firm. Takes a spade and cuts where the jaws go and pushes the soil down where the pan goes. Has any of you mole trappers set you OOS traps that way?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: OOS - 08/24/17 07:04 PM

Sure did and still do. The soil depth with the tunnel has to be shallow enough to do so successfully. Shallow runs that are obviously raised up above the ground surface area are an easy set up with no digging. Just do pilot cuts for the jaws to fire unobstructed and its all good.

Make sure the trap jaw tips are anchored well into the bottom base of the run and that the trap jaws when placed into position straddle the run. Establishing proper trap depth of the jaws is very important to ensure a good catch. Doesn't take much.

I use to teach that method to students "primarily" years back before the Albano traps were available.
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: OOS - 08/24/17 07:09 PM

That's how I do them in my yard but the runs are really shallow. Like Bob said, just anchor the jaw tips.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: OOS - 08/25/17 12:36 AM

Great tip. Will save a lot of time too!
Posted By: Getting There

Bat removal - 08/25/17 12:24 PM

Anyone in the Oceana county that do bats removal? Get a few calls a year. I do not do bats. Most job are home owners.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums