Home

Raccoon Question

Posted By: Short Track

Raccoon Question - 02/11/18 05:05 AM

For you ADC guys.... do you find customers opposed to lethal Raccoon removal ?

Or do most understand lethal traps are quick & easy, and most effective.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Raccoon Question - 02/11/18 05:16 AM

Kill traps are quick, easy and most effective, but there is not a second chance with them. Meaning if a raccoon can get into a trap so can a pet or a stray which is something not to begin.
As my appliance shop does not tell me what happens to my washing machine when they take it away, I am not being paid to get into an education on why a captured animal is not dumped as it displaces animals already in that location. So the vague answer is the animal will be relocated and the buried in hole is not mentioned.
I do live trap only, as coons are stupid animals that can not help but be caught and an L shaped piece of plywood making the trap a tunnel, keeps everyone from knowing what I am doing outside a house and in a garden or field, the bare trap is not noticed.
I hope that helps.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: Raccoon Question - 02/11/18 02:53 PM

I think most guys don't use kill traps on the ground, not all but most. They do sometimes on the roof for
that one raccoon that just won't go into a cage, over the entrance/ exit hole. This is the day of the camera phone! And not all states allow nuisance trappers all kinds of traps to use.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Raccoon Question - 02/11/18 04:35 PM

bucket sets are great in an attic...if coon are there....toted out in a burlap sack....lined with newspaper to absorb any fluids emitted.

I don't want folks or their kids or neighbors to see a coon in 1 if it can be avoided.

Cages on the ground are easy and more accepted, and sweet bait avoid most non targets--Nanna's kitty kats, etc.

When I explain that a body gripper is the MOST humane/economical tool I use, most are accepting....others prefer I use the gas chamber once I cage em...even though it costs more for gas/time....but I let them decide.

You can also use a Dispatch Chute off site, so they come out of the cage into the chute and awaiting 220.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums