Home

Need some advice and help

Posted By: varmintshooter

Need some advice and help - 02/21/18 03:11 AM

I am not a techy person. Just got my first smartphone right before Christmas. I had a feller film a beaver job for me , well the dam. He made a video out of it and then made me a website. Nice fellow. Video is on the home page. He told me the more folks who visit the web site the easier it will be for people to find me when searching for problem animals.
This site just went "live" yesterday. There are more videos and pictures I am wanting to post like catching geese, swans, and turkeys with rocket nets. If you would please take a moment to check the site out and let me know what you think of it. If I am going to have a website I would like it to be good.
Thanks
David

http://dentonwildlifeservices.com/index.php
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/21/18 06:16 AM

Site has a good start but is not optimized for mobile phones. After extensive research about half of the clients i get off the internet are on their phones when they find me. I deal with roughly 350 customers a year

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/21/18 11:46 AM

TRapper, can you explain? I really don't have a clue but I am trying to learn. I do know folks who are techy so if I know what to ask for they can do it.
Thanks
Posted By: PAFOXTRAPPER55

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/21/18 05:51 PM

he Is just saying that the website is better set up to be viewed from a computer rather than a cell phone. I checked out your site from a cellphone and I thought it was well put together and easy to maneuver through. The videos were great, overall I think he did a good job and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/22/18 01:50 AM

Thanks

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/22/18 04:42 AM

A good optimized site will not require you to scroll left to right...only up and down. Also whatever is the most important thing you want them to see first...it needs to be at the top. Here is a screenshot from my mole trapping page on my phone screen.

I am not the final authority on websites but i get a great deal of work off of it. It will either work for you or against you. Navigation to find what the potential customer is looking for and find it fast is key...the average person will spend about 20-30 seconds browsing your site and if does not immediately find what they are looking for...they are back to search engine looking for someone else

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/22/18 11:49 AM

Very good points. I will work on getting the "services" direct and to the point.
THanks for sharing.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/22/18 08:03 PM

I see where you're from under your user name, but nary a clue on the site! The internet goes EVERYWHERE, put in a location unless you want to field calls from all over the world.

Re: Need some advice and help - 02/22/18 11:22 PM

very true bob...i still get calls weekly from some other state..they want someone that does what i do how i do it in their state...i usually will look someone up if i don't know anyone close to them and point them that way. i have always thought about having guys listed on the site from other areas i don't service.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Need some advice and help - 03/01/18 10:32 PM

I think the website looks nice.

Vermintshooter, could you please PM me or clear out your inbox? I’m trying to PM you, but it says you’re over your limit.

Thank you
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Need some advice and help - 03/02/18 01:23 AM

That actually looks pretty slick...nice job....
Posted By: ACO-WDCA

Re: Need some advice and help - 06/14/19 01:04 PM

Nice job David ,well done.
Robert Fisher
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Need some advice and help - 06/15/19 01:09 AM

I thought the video on beaver trapping was to long getting to the point. Did not need a view from the air. JMO
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Need some advice and help - 06/15/19 02:11 AM

David, you'd be wise to have Brent work on your site.
He is the new NCTA site-master.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums