Home

Cage trap and dispatch question

Posted By: Miley

Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/24/18 05:22 PM

Any problem with fluids on cage trap from dispatch relating to setting and using again?
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/24/18 07:50 PM

Pee good,, anything else bad!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 12:58 AM

I transfer animals to holding cage. I do not dispatch any animals in the traps. JMO
Posted By: AJE

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 11:28 AM

Skunk spray sure is annoying.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 12:37 PM

If you're worried about it, just power wash the cages. It'll be fine, I have no problems trapping critters in cages that have been used in the manner your asking. If that were the case the folks who do, would need to purchase a new cage when they did, or that cage would be rendered useless.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: TDHP
If you're worried about it, just power wash the cages. It'll be fine, I have no problems trapping critters in cages that have been used in the manner your asking. If that were the case the folks who do, would need to purchase a new cage when they did, or that cage would be rendered useless.

x2 on the power wash.
Posted By: Miley

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 05:15 PM

Thanks gents! Realitves that are a hour away are having the raccoon problem and asked for help. Usually take the trap home dispatch and hose off. Would like to dispatch at site and reset. Problem is not being able to clean cage at site. Like the idea of a transfer cage. How does that work? Will one transfer cage be able to service multiple traps ? Thanks again as it’s family and just trying to lend a hand. I’m a fur trapper ,not a ADC.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 05:19 PM

I always have back up cages and remove caught animal cage and all, set new cage, leave catch area and dispatch, clean cage. Ready to go out and set.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Cage trap and dispatch question - 03/25/18 05:32 PM

They should be more than happy to buy another cage for you so you can just swap them out. You could also use a dispatch chute with the 220 or 160 as well. Then they will flop out of the cage while expiring
© 2024 Trapperman Forums