Home

Rattlesnakes

Posted By: w mcneal

Rattlesnakes - 03/26/18 06:57 PM

I got a call from a local pest control company that wants to refer rattlesnake calls to me. I've caught them before but not deperdation calls. I would appreciate any help in how to trap or ? To catch them. Tx
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Rattlesnakes - 03/26/18 10:46 PM

Not sure how you’ve caught them in the past but are you asking how wildlife control companies deal with
calls about rattlesnakes in a yard or home, etc?

Depredation refers to things like coyote eats lamb. Inferring loss and damage generally by a predator.

Most calling about snakes are phobic in nature. Or safety based.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Rattlesnakes - 03/27/18 01:06 AM

Do you even have rattlesnakes in your area in the numbers to market or should you instead focus on snake control in general?
As said snake work is dealing with phobics and the last thing you want to do is play up the worst case scenarios.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Rattlesnakes - 03/27/18 01:20 AM

Cahaba Snake Trap or a copy made from a pizza box and narrow ones made from downspout material.

If you'd use "pizza" in Search, you'll find last weeks discussion
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Rattlesnakes - 04/04/18 01:57 AM

I just finished up a snake removal topic. Many wildlife control operators respond to snake problems. http://www.wildlifecontrolhelpline.com/wildlife/snakes.html
Posted By: DezertTrapper

Re: Rattlesnakes - 04/08/18 09:04 AM

I do a lot of rattlesnake removal. If you're not 110% comfortable with your skills-get with someone who handles hot snakes a lot, and learn. Most are more than happy to help you learn. Lots of unwritten rules. (To date, I have never used a snake trap-the need may arise someday...but so far it hasn't.)
Posted By: warrior

Re: Rattlesnakes - 04/09/18 01:08 AM

Let's hear them unwritten rules please. Grew up with moccasins and copperheads, saddlebacks and velvet tails (diamondback and timber) were seen as well.
Nothing but coppers and the rare timber these days. Timbers still give me the willy's.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums