Home

First Mole

Posted By: Getting There

First Mole - 04/15/18 02:24 AM

First mole of the year, set two traps, was 30 degrees and raining. Trap was on the top of the ground this morning. Will start setting traps on Wednesday when it warm up into the 40's
Posted By: TRapper

Re: First Mole - 04/18/18 03:37 AM

Awesome...it is a good feeling to be killin moles...have over 200 caught already here...
Posted By: Countryboydu

Re: First Mole - 04/27/18 08:32 PM

Yep, it’s a great feeling. I’ve been hammering them here in western, MO!
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: First Mole - 05/03/18 09:11 PM

You should grind them up and add bait solution of your choice, and Sodium benzoate!
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: First Mole - 05/03/18 10:24 PM

Caught a few here but it's really dry. So tunnels are deep. But customers are happy that we are getting them
Posted By: Getting There

Re: First Mole - 05/04/18 09:56 PM

Right now mostly winter damage here.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: First Mole - 05/04/18 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Getting There
Right now mostly winter damage here.

That is what I am finding.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: First Mole - 05/05/18 11:58 AM

Our mole trapping conditions are near over here already. It got dry, windy and warm too quickly this spring. The ground is hard like June weather. Hopefully we will get some rain for a few days to moisten the ground enough to promote some activity.
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: First Mole - 05/05/18 01:07 PM

Hey Bob , it should of got a little wetter for you last night . lol . Bob what kind of mole traps are you using and are you gonna be at the trappers convention next month ?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: First Mole - 05/05/18 10:20 PM

We got a little shower over nite in our area but it didn't do much for our ground conditions. We need a good all day steady rain to soak the ground good. Then off and on for a week to really help.

We have been using the Albano trapline standard size mole traps for many years now. I haven't used any other traps for many years.

I don't travel to the conventions much any longer. Just too much to do here with both businesses to take off time to travel. I loose money when I do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums