mole traps? - 04/28/18 01:47 PM

whats the preferred mole trap?

thanks
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: mole traps? - 04/28/18 03:23 PM

Victor out of sights
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: mole traps? - 04/28/18 05:29 PM

I haven't used Victor O/S traps in many years. Some still use the O/S traps and prefer them. Each individual has his trap preference.

Once I mastered the trapline mole traps I have never set an O/S trap since. All mole traps work you just have to find the most effective way to set each one and they will all produce for you. I learned years ago how to use all of them but have settled on Albano's mole traps.

Try a couple of each and see which ones perform best for your needs. There is a learning curve for each type of trap.

We would not have enough room in our trucks daily during our mole trapping season to carry all the O/S mole traps needed for the number of traps we need to set per job in our part of the US. We set 30 to 60 traps per job and in some cases many more.

A 5 gal bucket will hold enough trapline traps for several jobs with far less weight and bulk in our vehicles as well. You set 2 traps per location. Doubles are very common here.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: mole traps? - 04/29/18 04:01 AM

Albano's mole trap is faster to set can carry a ton more. OOS faster to check and lawn mowers will only run over one.
I use Albano's unless I get a mole that keeps digging under them then I use an OOS.
Posted By: Jason Turner

Re: mole traps? - 04/30/18 01:42 AM

Love the MTP by Jameson. I am still working to eliminate dig unders in soft soil.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: mole traps? - 05/01/18 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RF Wildlife
Albano's mole trap is faster to set can carry a ton more. OOS faster to check and lawn mowers will only run over one.
I use Albano's unless I get a mole that keeps digging under them then I use an OOS.

x2
Posted By: Getting There

Re: mole traps? - 05/01/18 11:39 PM

Trapline Product traps
Posted By: AJE

Re: mole traps? - 05/02/18 01:26 AM

I love the tall old fashioned kind where the teeth slam straight down into the ground. The new Victors don't have near the spring strength that they used to though.
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: mole traps? - 05/02/18 02:23 AM

I'm no mole trapper.. but I am going to order my first batch of trapline mole traps that Bob was talking about above.
I have an out of sight trap; it was set off many times and never a catch.

I definitely chalk this up to user error, however seeing how I was unsuccessful time and time again I decided to recruit the knowledge of a veteran gopher and mole trapper. His recommendation was the very same as Bob's.

He sent me this link.
http://www.traplineproducts.com/onlinestore.html

I would recommend these traps just based off of professional reviews.
I will check back in after I clean up my mole issue
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: mole traps? - 05/03/18 04:41 PM

We use the Albano Mole Traps and they work great for us!
Posted By: AR Swampboss

Re: mole traps? - 05/03/18 06:49 PM

another vote for Steve Albano's traps. but I will add watch some video and read up on proper setting.
The key for me was learning how to find the travel runs. Also set lots of traps
Posted By: TRapper

Re: mole traps? - 05/06/18 08:14 PM

I use out of sights exclusively. Killed over 12,000 moles with out of sights. Up to over 300 this season so far since march 1st

I average 3-5 mole traps set per yard in a standard residential neighborhood. If u have to set alot of traps to catch a couple moles then you need to invest more time learning a moles tunnel structure...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums