Home

First venomous snakes of the year.

Posted By: LAtrapper

First venomous snakes of the year. - 06/09/18 08:55 PM

My son's first eastern diamondback of the year. Was caught in a bay of an auto repair shop on 1 June 18. It is only about three feet long.

Copperhead caught in a snake trap in my back yard on 8 June 18. It is about 20 inches long.

How is everyone else doing on snakes this year?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: First venomous snakes of the year. - 06/09/18 10:00 PM

No venomous snakes yet, lots of rat, garter and ring necked snakes in the last few weeks. I am glad we don't have many rattlers in our service area. Good numbers of rattlers are in the near mountain regions.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: First venomous snakes of the year. - 06/10/18 12:34 AM

Lot's of Northern Water snakes so far this year, Few rat snakes, Glad our rattlers are up in the rough terrain also. Seem's very few garter snakes around this season.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: First venomous snakes of the year. - 06/10/18 01:02 PM

Venomous snakes are not what I would want to do. We have only one type and they are rare Mississauga Rattler use to get them in my yard years ago. But don't see them much now

Get very few snake calls, I think we have lost a lot of snakes here as the chipmunk population is very high here
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: First venomous snakes of the year. - 06/10/18 03:31 PM

The only snake I've seen so far this year was a garter snake. You would have thought that the lady would have been happier when I took it off her thigh!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums