Home

Animal barriers/fencing

Posted By: TDHP

Animal barriers/fencing - 07/21/18 01:04 AM

There is a lot of debate on what kind of barriers to install, knowing when to use rigid/heavy gauge wire is key. The majority of my barriers are installed with 1/2 inch 19 gauge wire. When I get into distance from ground to structure I use a rigid barrier above ground level. I "think"
this fox wanted in. Decent dig out, barrier did its job. Don't get wrapped around the axle on barriers. Is it the best method ..nope, but it works. Nothing is set in stone on what to use, I've had many dig outs and the barrier does what is was designed to do.

Posted By: Traps R Us

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/06/18 05:48 PM

installed this dig defence barrier for groundhogs recently, very small job. We could not simply pound it in, but had to hand dig due to unknown plumbing location, it still went in pretty quick. You can hardly even see it, but I do like the way it looks.
Finished product in pictures at the bottom!

Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/06/18 08:53 PM

I really wish dig defense was taller

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/07/18 01:07 PM

I think 15" is the tallest they make. Airport Trapper, did you have animals dig under it?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/07/18 08:35 PM

Yo CallMeBob! How many grocery carts did you have to "scrounge" for that material? LOL

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/07/18 08:45 PM

Only a few - you might be on to something! laugh

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/08/18 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: CallmeBob
I think 15" is the tallest they make. Airport Trapper, did you have animals dig under it?
Haven't had a house/building/deck short enough to use it on. Need some 2-3ft for around here.

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/08/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: AirportTrapper
Originally Posted By: CallmeBob
Haven't had a house/building/deck short enough to use it on. Need some 2-3ft for around here.

Maybe BigBob can set you up with some of his grocery carts? wink
For taller applications you would use an exclusion mesh anyways. Dig Defence is really meant for places where you need an inch or two above ground and have something to butt up against.

Re: Animal barriers/fencing - 08/08/18 10:26 PM

I use flat panels from tomahawk
© 2024 Trapperman Forums