Home

First Chupacabra job

Posted By: Bob Jameson

First Chupacabra job - 07/24/18 12:23 AM

I thought I have seen it all. But the proof is in the photos. Maybe a Dingo got loose from a zoo.

The time stamp is not correct. These photos are from last night. Large animal about 5-6 feet long weight unknown. I set a large cage trap in the shrubs camouflaged and a collarum in the mulch bed. I will probably need to set some large coil springs in a few days. Not sure if it will go for the first set ups for sure.

Posted By: Jason Turner

Re: First Chupacabra job - 07/24/18 12:45 AM

Awesome— wait to see what happens Bob!
Posted By: Aggie73

Re: First Chupacabra job - 07/24/18 02:18 PM

A very common critter in STX. Probably a young coyote or fox with an extreme case of the mange!

If you catch a real chupacabra, you'll be as famous as the guy who catches the first real "long-tailed black panther." lol

Re: First Chupacabra job - 07/27/18 12:09 AM

Any updates Bob?

Re: First Chupacabra job - 07/27/18 08:31 PM

No more visitations to the house so far after I put in the foot holds. Will have to wait and see for a week or so.

Re: First Chupacabra job - 07/28/18 02:43 AM

Alright, I’ll check back. smile
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: First Chupacabra job - 08/13/18 07:25 AM

Got a chupacabra yet?

Re: First Chupacabra job - 08/14/18 10:52 PM

Once I set up the area with traps I only captured the animal once again on a trail cam video. It hasn't returned as of yet. I will go back to set up the job if it begins to frequent the home again.

I set up a scent post and he visited it quickly late one morning as I have it on a video clip. I had the trap set back for a coyote sized animal it turns out I believe it is a red fox once I was able to see it during the daylight hours. Had I set the trap closer to the post object a small stump I would have caught it quickly.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: First Chupacabra job - 08/15/18 01:17 AM

That is one very long tail!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums