Home

Bat netting

Posted By: Nostalgia

Bat netting - 09/16/18 04:49 PM

Does anybody have pictures of using netting vs bat cones in action? Next year may be my first year using it and I'm a little skeptical. I feel like in most applications the bats could just scoot right under the net and crawl up, OR, turn around and crawl UP the inside of the net. What's everyone's thoughts on it?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Bat netting - 09/16/18 05:58 PM

I don't use it or like it personally. I tried it one time many years ago and have since found much more effective ways of evicting bats without confusion or disruption of their behavior.

If you watch the bats reaction when they come in contact with the netting they are confused and crawl around aimlessly. There are much better options to choose from and more professional methods.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Bat netting - 09/17/18 05:44 AM

What about a clay tile roof bob?
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Bat netting - 09/17/18 11:35 AM

Bat netting works great in many situations. We use it often on
Brick buildings and other jobs where there are long openings that
The bats are using. In many situations It helps filter the bats out
Without them being forced to a few spots.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Bat netting - 09/17/18 12:43 PM

In a specific long scenario as described we use weed block cut to the length needed to fit the run or multiple long exit areas determined on a watch. Top secured then attached at the bottom with pockets of air flow and guiding built in to allow exiting at the bottom.

Hercules putty, duck tape or what ever is needed to secure the bottom for a few nights is all that is needed depending up the surface area that you are securing too.

On commercial road jobs it can also be used for preventive protective re entry when some areas have not been successfully sealed as of yet during the venting process. Time is valuable on the road with labor expenses with a crew.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Bat netting - 09/19/18 01:50 PM

It is all I use
I buy commercial fishing net from LFS
Not to contradict Bob but I have witnessed a large number of bats exit to the net and climb straight downward and out,,,, maybe animals are smarter on the western half shocked
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Bat netting - 09/21/18 05:42 PM

Here's a video of bats with bat netting. https://www.facebook.com/WCTGroup/videos/4056822812085/

Normally, I don't have the "fold" in the netting. I forget why I had to fold it (most likely I didn't have scissors or a knife) but you can see it still worked.

In regard to them crawling around like the flesh eating bugs in "The Mummy", I've got video of bats climbing down bat cones, getting to the end, then turning around and climbing right back up or sitting there blocking other bats from using the cones.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums