Home

Posted By: joepennanti

. - 10/22/18 06:21 PM

Posted By: AJE

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 10/24/18 02:32 AM

Hmm, that's interesting. I couldn't find it online either.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 10/24/18 02:20 PM

A small piece of 1/4 inch hard cloth wire mesh attached to the pan to enlarge it is the bomb. Just bend up the spike, insert the mesh over it and bend the spike down with pliers.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 10/24/18 03:28 PM

If you can't get what you're looking for you could easily make your own housing with flashing. Just reverse the ends and separate the middle and make a pocket for them to stick their head/feet in. PITA thing to do for a rodent but it would work. If legal in your state just lift the tail end of the spring up an 1/8 3/16 or even a 1/4 inch that's a little much but it will become a lot quicker and stronger. JAT..

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/14/18 04:42 AM

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make something yourself. The abovementioned white ones don't seem to be availabe anywhere in the USA.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/14/18 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP
If you can't get what you're looking for you could easily make your own housing with flashing. Just reverse the ends and separate the middle and make a pocket for them to stick their head/feet in. PITA thing to do for a rodent but it would work. If legal in your state just lift the tail end of the spring up an 1/8 3/16 or even a 1/4 inch that's a little much but it will become a lot quicker and stronger. JAT..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I just use the trap with the large yellow pan.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/14/18 01:25 PM

I use weasel type box for my ADC work, great for Red squirrels and chipmunks. Safe and out of site.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/14/18 03:56 PM

VPRT's are my preferred trap for rats as well. If the poster can't get what he is looking for, flashing or something similar that is easily manipulated will work. My wife use to buy me traditional's so instead of tossing them I added a larger pan and modified the trigger system with a slight bend here and a file there and get the same results as the VPRT's rain, snow or shine.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/14/18 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I use weasel type box for my ADC work, great for Red squirrels and chipmunks. Safe and out of site.

Is a 1 3/8" hole in a weasel box big enough for red squirrels?
Posted By: run

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/21/18 11:00 PM

Thank you for the link for the rat trap modification.
Posted By: webfootwhacker

Re: plastic trigger housing for Victor Rat Traps - 11/22/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There

X2. Great tool, keeps kids and pets out of the way. I had 1.5" holes, but increased to 2" to accommodate adult red squirrels.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums