Home

Mouse calls

Posted By: AJE

Mouse calls - 10/26/18 01:14 AM

Is it just me or do mice seem way more interested in carrying away those green pellets than they do sitting there chewing on those green poison bait blocks?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Mouse calls - 10/26/18 07:39 PM

They'll haul away anything they can PU, But the blocks will stay in place to delete other individuals, while the hauled away pellets will only do the hauler and nest mates.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Mouse calls - 11/14/18 04:35 AM

Sometimes they just do not seem interested in the green bait blocks.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Mouse calls - 11/17/18 04:12 PM

I used to think I was getting somewhere when containers of pellets were gone overnight, thought I must be killing lots of mice. Seems I was killing just about none. I would find piles of them in my boots, behind boxes, stashed everywhere. The blocks in the black boxes can't be hauled away, so are eaten on site and you can see how much is being eaten. There are some that are a one feed quick kill, Final Blox I think its called. Did have 32 bars eaten in a few nights in the barn a while back. Turned out to be many baby possums. Got them on a trail cam, then caught them in squirrel traps. Not sure how much the poison bothered them. Just saw a crude bucket trap with 14 mice in it in two weeks. Also, bought a few of the ramps with a walk the plank set up for a bucket. Will put antifreeze in it to keep it going all winter. Really tired of mice, constant battle.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Mouse calls - 11/17/18 05:02 PM

Mice are a pain in the arse, Tried everything to keep them out of the vehicles, chewed wire's, in the air boxes. Best I found is to keep moving vehicles & not to park in the same area.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Mouse calls - 11/18/18 01:53 AM

The wire insulation is made of soy that mice find irresistible.

Final Blox is good stuff. They need to eat 10% of their weight though.
Posted By: moleman

Re: Mouse calls - 11/19/18 04:24 AM

My experience is they carrier every thing off. Especially if it is a female with young in the nest. You will catch the male pretty easy but the females are more difficult to catch, Wont go in a trap as easy, kind of like a mother raccoon is trap shy. That is just my option how ever. Maybe putting the babies in something to draw the mother would work there to.
Kind of off topic--
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Mouse calls - 11/19/18 12:37 PM

In regards to critters not going into traps..or "trap shy'. JMO If an animal is going from point A to B safely and retrieving food or nesting materials as needed, a lot of times they will avoid traps. That doesn't mean it is "trap shy", just means you need to up your game. It's like humans who drive by 5 dunks to hit a starbucks. Does that mean starbucks is better than dunks? Nope, need to find the attraction in the area you are having activity in. Trapping momma and her kits aren't hard, need to out smart the critter you're targeting. All rodents will hit traps but need to be placed in the right areas. jmo
Posted By: run

Re: Mouse calls - 11/22/18 12:22 PM

I like soft bait- crazy expensive stuff but it works.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums