Home

racoon eviction not working

Posted By: jzahntrapper

racoon eviction not working - 04/07/19 11:25 PM

the babys are half way down in a wall mother is coming in through the atic i have put the eviction where she is coming in and out and in each corner of the atic but she has not left its been about 4 nights now any other ideas would be helpfull thanks
Posted By: TDHP

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/07/19 11:41 PM

Trap the mother and cut the young out and remove by hand or catch pole. Based off of vague info, as in what kind of wall and setup. Studs will work in your favor

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 12:44 AM

thanks yea i thought about that it is a newer home and i was hoping to avoid cutting into the wall but i may have to thanks agin
Posted By: TDHP

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 01:41 AM

I know a lot of techs who try to harass the animals in the hopes they leave on their own. Them guys are on jobs longer than most need to be, sometimes it works and some times not so much. Every time you visit a job and you have empty traps or the application you applied to the structure isn't working, you are losing money if you haven't figured in that cost. You can only try something for so long before getting down to the meat and potatoes of what really needs to be done. To each their own.

If they haven't torn through the bottom plate or studs, it's pretty cut and dried. I'd just be careful if mama is there.
[Linked Image]

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:16 AM

i agree and i will be doing some cutting tomorow your right i dont need to be wasting more time and money thank you
Posted By: Getting There

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:21 AM

Try a thermal imaging camera to find them in the wall.

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:27 AM

i wish i had one
Posted By: Getting There

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:28 AM

Check with your local fire department.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:30 AM

Sometimes you local contractor may have one.

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 02:35 AM

i will give them a call tomorrow thank you all
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 04:34 PM

Five of the last six coon jobs where I couldn't reach the pups, I caught the female in a positive set live trap. I then brought her to the ground and harrassed the heck out of her. I roll the cage across the yard, screaming at her. Let her out on site and Chase her out of the yard. Doesn't usually take much chasing, she's already hauling...
5/6 times she comes back at night and removed the pups.
The one time it didn't work, it was hard to chase her off and she moved back in. Caught her again in a 160 and went looking for the pups. Found them without any damage. I thought they were in a spot that wasn't accessable. Was happy I was wrong.

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/08/19 06:31 PM

another good idea thank you
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/09/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Try a thermal imaging camera to find them in the wall.

I learned that there are thermal imaging devices that can be attached to cell phone. Has anyone tried this system?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/09/19 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jzahntrapper
i have put the eviction where she is coming in and out

Eviction fluid? (boar urine)

or something else?

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/09/19 05:29 PM

yes eviction fluid
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/11/19 09:28 AM

I always put the eviction near the babies and had success.
Can you put some on a rag/string set up and drop it down into the wall?
For chimneys I used a tennis ball/string set up so it would have the weight to get pass the angled block/brick.
The string allows retrieval later.

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/13/19 02:41 AM

thanks to all of you for your help i ended up finding them with a thermal imaging camera it worked great thanks agin
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: racoon eviction not working - 04/16/19 02:34 AM

if your eviction is liquid turn it into a paste and apply a lot so she has to get it on her . I have evicted 100% of my sows with pups this year with my stuff in paste form. When it was liquid a few years ago I had a few that would not go. Another option is poke a small hole in wall and shoot some in the wall. Or if you can get above the opening in the wall drop a rag with evic on it down the wall. Put evic on the spot where she is going down the wall . Mom will come up to you a lot of the times and I try to make her do it with vocals and hazed the heck out of her. The more aggressive she is the meaner I am. I use to give talks and written articles on how to use vocals in this type of work. WCT May still have some of them old pieces.

I use to catch the sow and cut the hole all the time, but any more I try to evic. Why make the job more expensive for the customer with getting a carpenter in to tape and paint or replace the wall paper. I give the customer the choice any more, every one this year has said evic if you can.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums