Home

Crappy topic?

Posted By: wormbobskey

Crappy topic? - 08/26/19 12:41 AM

Has anyone every thought to maybe having a sticky to show scat ID photos? I'm doing a job where all signs point to coon, but the scat actually looks more like a small dogs. This is in town and the customer has no pets. I did find a coon track up on the drywall in the ceiling/floor joists. Where it appears the coon might have went behind a sub wall. At one time there was a drop ceiling, but there isn't anymore. This apartment is in a basement.
Just thinking out loud, sort of.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Crappy topic? - 09/10/19 07:57 AM

wormbobskey ~ and everyone else ~ forgive me for butting in here. But, yeah! I'd think such a 'Sticky' like a 'Scat / Crap Cat' would be a great aid, for anyone trying to get to grips with the various jobs we come across.

Regards the odd job mentioned? Might it not be a result of 'coons snacking on commercial kibble, left out ?
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Crappy topic? - 09/10/19 06:33 PM

Pest's Dad, it may be coon scat from a cat food based diet. I did however catch an adult skunk at one of the dug out entrances. I had baited coon cages in the house for over a week and didn't get so much as a nibble. The house had been empty until the college kids returned for break. Although I did find a coon print on the wall, I think the coon had moved out once the college kids returned. The resident hasn't had anymore problems so I think it may have been skunk scat.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Crappy topic? - 09/10/19 06:43 PM

It is the best of both worlds. You have a cub that has shuffled off or the mother was killed, and it is eating pet food, and taking up any available housing. It left when the two legged noise makers scared it off. The skunk was the original occupant or the kids were.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums