Home

Bobcats killing house cats

Posted By: Archer156

Bobcats killing house cats - 08/29/19 02:51 PM

How would you set up cage traps to catch bobcats coming into yard and killing cats around this house?
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 08/29/19 08:02 PM

It is the same with all cats. Cover, motion and food.

I would make a woven wire half tunnel, mandatory shade, food, ventilation and water, checked daily, and put a yard cat in a cage in the middle and a live trap on each end, open facing out. Cover the part with a cat with a tarp over the woven wire in case it rains, and cover it all over with whatever is there from weeds to brush. The comfort of the cat is the main issue in hot Texas. You can use a flag attractant to get their attention, but the live cat as bait which they can not get at is the set up.
The Colorado cat experts came up with the woven wire tunnels out there for snaring. You can probably still find it on Youtube.

Just feed, water and check on the cat. You did not say if it was night hunting bobcats, but if it would work out I would put the cat in at sunset, and have the owner turn them loose in the morning. Saves wear and tear on the cat. If it is too hot for a live cat, then just set up without the cat.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 08/30/19 02:18 AM

Where is the conflict? Let nature take its course.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 08/31/19 02:37 AM

No harm, no foul.
The operative word is HOUSE cats. Keep them in the house.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 09/10/19 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

The operative word is HOUSE cats. Keep them in the house.

This is where I want to " Thank / Like " a post! grin
Posted By: Archer156

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 09/29/19 05:24 AM

I did set live traps out for two weeks and never saw sign or did I catch anything in traps! Had flags in trap and it was feathers! Don't think bobcats are in area anymore!
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Bobcats killing house cats - 09/29/19 11:59 AM

He'll be back. He probably hasn't run his route yet. Keep the cages out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums