Home

what do townships pay for Beaver removal?

Posted By: Kart29

what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 12:15 PM

I expect to take the test for a NWAC license this week. After I get the permit, I think I'd like to talk to the county surveyor about making myself available for beaver removal jobs if they need any help with that.

I'm just wondering what local government beaver removal jobs normally pay? Anyone here do beaver removal work for a county or township? How do they pay?
Posted By: MChewk

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 01:07 PM

Here it is a site to site issue due to distance traveled. Add the difficulties dealing with HOW CLOSE the public has access to your problem location and the trapper can quote what he/she feels is a fair fee.

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 01:45 PM

OK. Sounds like they invite you to submit a quote for each removal job. Understood.

I wondered if anyone works for a county where the assessor just pays a flat fee for each setup location or a flat fee per Beaver caught. I wasn't sure if the counties only have an annual contract where they pay so much per year and the ADC trapper must take care of any removal jobs that come up within a given territory.

I suppose there are quite a few different ways it could be and is done.

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 01:47 PM

Also... Does the county usually require that you have insurance? What do they ask for, just Commercial General Liability, or do they want to see Workers Compensation coverage also?
Posted By: MChewk

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 03:31 PM

As far as insurance....More and more YES. Be smart and include WORDING in your contract regarding theft of equipment. Have not heard anything as far as the other stuff you mentioned but I am small time.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 09:17 PM

I've done both county road commission and county drain commission, I charge a flat set up fee and charge for every beaver killed. The county caries the insurance. if I had to get liability insurance the price would be double. They understand that. I've had one trap stolen an 2 Belisles destroyed that they reimbursed me for.

A word of advise, beaver trapping in the summer is not fun especially under the uniformed public eye. Insects, turtles, waterfowl, and people take the fun right out of it. At least here they don't believe in prevention. And they will call when all else fails.
Posted By: foxx1

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/21/19 11:24 PM

county program,$20 each ,turn in tail only.and anybody can be in program,trapping only.and county residents only..no shooting
Posted By: 20scout

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/24/19 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by foxx1
county program,$20 each ,turn in tail only.and anybody can be in program,trapping only.and county residents only..no shooting

Here it's the same only they pay $50/tail but I guess it's more in other townships.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/24/19 04:14 AM

We get paid $250-300 per

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/25/19 01:00 PM

for those of you that get paid a flat rate per beaver, is it up to you to go out and find the beaver, or does the township call you when they have a drainage ditch being clogged up? Are you the exclusive wildlife control agent for the county or do they use several different ones?
Posted By: Boco

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/25/19 09:33 PM

Our fur council runs a nuisance beaver program and we utilize our members who are closest to the complaint.We do nuisance beaver work for local roads boards(twp) highways,logging company,hydro electric companys,municipalities,etc.
Our rates are $75 per beaver,$.45 per km for up to 5 trips and $50 to remove dams and return water to natural flow.Dam removal has to be mutually agreed between the trapper and complainant.
An avg call nets from $400 to $1200,depending on distance and the number of beaver removed.
A council co-Ordinator takes the complaint writes up the contract and dispatches the trapper within 24 hrs of the initial call.Co-ordinator also verifies that the job is complete and billing info is correct (verifies number of beavers removed).
Its a very successful program that has been running since early 90's with satisfied clients signing on every year.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: what do townships pay for Beaver removal? - 10/26/19 02:56 PM

I charged a min of $100 set up and $50 per if I found a lot of sign
I needed at least $500 per job basically
Best I ever did was a bid 3 hrs away in our mtns
$850 with a cabin provided for the week and it turned out there was only 3 beaver
Took the family for a paid vacation!!!!
Wise to have liability ins and some places require it
Like mchewk said have a contract covering vandalism or theft of gear
Bob and sons is good ins provider for adc guys
© 2024 Trapperman Forums