Home

nutria bait/lure

Posted By: danny davis

nutria bait/lure - 11/12/19 03:20 AM

anybody know what to use to catch nutria,i found a golf course that wants them trapped out of their water hazzards?
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/12/19 04:15 PM

Just blind sets. Super easy to catch.

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/12/19 08:18 PM

thanks for the tip
Posted By: Vinke

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/12/19 11:57 PM

Their pop in a cage trap
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/13/19 01:47 AM

I have seen where they completely removed the bark from a huge leaning cherry tree on a ditchbank. They walked out on the main trunk at ate everything which they could reach.
I used cherry limbs as 220 supports. The nutria ate all of the bark off of then and swam around the traps.
I'm thinking that they may like cherry.
Posted By: trprsam

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/15/19 01:06 AM

I use apples in a cage trap, with a dab of apple oil. Cages are cumbersome, but I wouldn't use conibears or legholds on a golf course.

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/17/19 12:14 AM

i wound up useing baited pole sets on half inch conduit and hags brackets and apple slices but i also used a slide wire deep out of sight to window weights .caught 7 the first night 3 the second then pulled all the sets ,these things are huge ,they are great fun to trap. thanks for all the tips.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/22/19 04:13 AM

https://youtu.be/d8cLlgNHqtU

This is how I do it

Re: nutria bait/lure - 11/22/19 09:50 PM

just picked up 12 more nutria yesterday ,something bit one of the heads off a big male ,any idea what did this?
Posted By: willvalley

Re: nutria bait/lure - 12/29/19 04:02 AM

Any critter that likes meat will feast on a Nutria carcass, from rats (not muskrat) to coyote. Raptors will also dine. I have had Nutria down drowning rigs in over 3 feet of water chewed up, more then likely by otter.
Ted

Re: nutria bait/lure - 12/29/19 04:41 PM

i will be setting for otter ,this week .thanks for the thoughts on what did this.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums