Home

Coon in store.

Posted By: Jim Bethell

Coon in store. - 12/07/19 12:43 AM

Got called to a small variety/grocery store the other night. Clerk was at the register. Saw a coon walk by the front door. Door was one of those that opens when someone walks up. Doors opened and the coon ran inside. Can not locate the coon or get it to go into a cage trap. They have seen it on video and it sets off the alarm. Set some different traps today. Management has closed the store until the coon is removed. Just something we run into at times. One of the problems is the store is 50 miles from home. No one closer.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Coon in store. - 12/07/19 01:13 AM

Ugh, it could be hiding anywhere. Can you narrow it down to a room with cameras?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Coon in store. - 12/07/19 01:18 AM

We got a call about a bat in a clothing store once. They didn't close the store, so it probably looked really weird for 2 guys to be seen looking through racks of women's clothes and studying the mannequins.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Coon in store. - 12/07/19 03:29 AM

I used to take my rat terrier with me on calls like that. He found everything from bats to snakes. Or course, there were times that nothing was found.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Coon in store. - 12/08/19 02:42 PM

Bring is a coon hound to find it and go from there. JMO
Posted By: J.Melton

Re: Coon in store. - 12/08/19 06:53 PM

So Jim, how'd it turn out. I have visions of coon making heck of a mess in store. My only thought on ideas is the coon needs water, maybe put out some Koolaid or something to attract him.

Re: Coon in store. - 12/10/19 12:00 AM

Finally got him last night. Store was closed for 4 days. Employees at the store got all kinds of bad emails from people because the store was closed. Biggest problem was that it was an hours drive each way.
Posted By: NWTrapper85

Re: Coon in store. - 12/10/19 01:57 AM

What did you catch it in or with.

Re: Coon in store. - 12/10/19 01:39 PM

In a cage trap with several different baits. Same one that had been there for 3 days. Had 3 different traps set in different places. Not sure why he picked that trap that day.

Re: Coon in store. - 12/10/19 01:39 PM

In a cage trap with several different baits. Same one that had been there for 3 days. Had 3 different traps set in different places. Not sure why he picked that trap that day.
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: Coon in store. - 12/18/19 12:06 AM

My civilian job is at a semi conductor plant. We are a clean room facility that requires full body suits, hoods, gloves and shoes. Its suppose to be many times cleaner than a hospital surgical center. One night we had a raccoon walking around the cleanroom. People freaked out and the raccoon took off. They never found the critter or figured out how it got in and out of the building.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Coon in store. - 12/21/19 05:24 AM

Had to catch a coon in the local fleet farm once...took 3 nights but from studying security cameras we were able to locate what big bay door he was using going into the main store...2 bucket traps set near that entrance with powdered donuts got him
© 2024 Trapperman Forums