Home

Wildlife Expo

Posted By: Trapper Don

Wildlife Expo - 12/10/19 04:36 PM

Wondering why NPMA was the name on my registration recipe for the Feb. Wildlife conference.
Any one know? Thought NWCOA was the lead partner in this.
Don LaFountain
PS. Who is going?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Wildlife Expo - 12/11/19 02:19 PM

Don, NPMA is bigger and richer than we are. I imagine they can buy the lead. I will actually be speaking at their meeting in Wisconsin this year! See you in Vegas!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Wildlife Expo - 12/21/19 05:29 AM

I wanted to go however will be on a cruise in the Caribbean with my wife
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Wildlife Expo - 12/21/19 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TRapper
I wanted to go however will be on a cruise in the Caribbean with my wife

Have a good time.
Posted By: TravisJerden

Re: Wildlife Expo - 12/31/19 02:06 AM

What does one of these entail? Cost etc. I have never been to one. Received an email regarding registration today.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Wildlife Expo - 12/31/19 03:54 PM

I have been to several. Wouldn't miss one again. Not only is the seminar usually the best, but there's always something new to see in Vegas! Between the seminar, the food, and the shows, it's pretty hard to beat!

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/01/20 12:04 AM

And you could meet Wink.
Posted By: Dirk Shearer

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/01/20 01:13 AM

Anyone know the cost. NWCOA does not even have the event on their schedule of events calendar on their website.

Don't particularly want to create a profile on NPMA's site just to check out pricing.

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/01/20 01:38 AM

Full Conference Registration

NWCOA/NPMA Member $395

Non-Member $450

Nothing listed on schedule yet.
Posted By: NWTrapper85

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/23/20 03:00 PM

Less then 10 days till I"m arriving in Vegas. Can't wait. Taking 2 day course Monday and Tuesday then expo wed thurs and bat standerds 1 on Friday. Plus forecast looking amazing compared to this Iowa weather will be 50 degrees warmer looks like.

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/23/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by NWTrapper85
Less then 10 days till I"m arriving in Vegas. Can't wait. Taking 2 day course Monday and Tuesday then expo wed thurs and bat standerds 1 on Friday. Plus forecast looking amazing compared to this Iowa weather will be 50 degrees warmer looks like.

awesome...enjoy that trip...i wish i could go but will be in the carribean when that show starts

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/24/20 02:00 PM

Would have been good to meet you there TRapper. Nice to meet another Iowa guy.

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/25/20 01:52 AM

Well come on down here sometime
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/30/20 02:21 PM

Judy and I will be at the Tomahawk booth, our first western show. We had done New Orleans and Myrtle Beach, can't remember the order. Nice to get away during the winter months and looking forward to meeting some new people from the other coast.

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/30/20 03:05 PM

Can't wait to meet you in real life Jim. Yours traps have pioneered a lot in the adc world. Switching more and more of my equipment over to your brand.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Wildlife Expo - 01/31/20 08:58 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words. Looking forward to meeting you too! The very positive responses we have received from ADC trappers making a living solving critter issues over the past ten years is the most gratifying part in all this. Still hard to believe that a former fur trapper and his wife who live in a log cabin in the woods have impacted the lives of so many ADC trappers. That is what has made this experience, which surely was not an easy road to take, worthwhile. Can't believe the convention is but a few days away. I was called "type A" personality by a friend once, never satisfied with much of anything unless it was "right." We are always looking to improve. Hope to provide more worthwhile options in the future. We always like to hear success stories, get photos etc. to share with others. We are receptive to suggestions and ideas. Always neat to hear when innovative trappers have come up with ideas well beyond what anyone expected while using traps for unintended animals and in very different ways. We surely have learned a lot from others. Because we are still in the field trapping, we can relate to problems that need solving.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/01/20 01:17 PM

Its the time of the year when we all start planning on the young of the year coming out!

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/03/20 01:40 AM

Which floor is the expo/classes on
Posted By: trprsam

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/18/20 09:36 PM

Anyone else get a call from nwcoa saying you won the grand prize for registration? I did and I'm still trying to figure out if its a scam. I never win anything lol!

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/19/20 01:27 PM

I was there during banquet when they drew for the grand prize. I'm almost positive the person who won was there in room. If its for a different prize package could be. I'd call the official NWCOA phone number and ask you don't have anything to loose. If the number that called you said they need your credit card to file it probably don't believe it lol
Posted By: trprsam

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/19/20 04:43 PM

I sent Christine an email last night. I did win it. Now, maybe there was more than one prize package, Im not sure. But i got the big gift card for Tomahawk and a bunch of other stuff. Hard to believe. I did go to the expo, but I took my wife and did not go to the banquet the last night. D'oh!

Re: Wildlife Expo - 02/19/20 05:09 PM

Awesome man! I won a bundle of rodent multi cage traps, bird deflector or whatever and but of other rodent stuff worth $250 or so. I couldn't quite fit everything in my luggage so gave few things away to a couple fellow wcos I met there. would have been a wash on shipping on some of it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums