Home

I guarantee it?!

Posted By: TravisJerden

I guarantee it?! - 12/14/19 03:57 PM

Or maybe not?
What, if any guarantees, do you folks tend to give? I’m not meaning quality and craftsmanship of exclusion or repair, a certain amount of that should be common sense if you want any repeat business.
I recently over heard a “pro”, promising things, I myself would not have, as far as keeping out local movement etc.
For instance, as for animals adhering to waterways I would not think to promise anything on micro locations.
What say ye?
What of your gopher or pigeon work?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/14/19 04:57 PM

I do not give any guarantee but if I just finished up a mole job and a customer call and said there was a new mound in his yard a day or two later, I will charge the millage and cost if I catch the mold. But not a set up fee. If they are an old customer and call a month or later with a problem we will renegotiate the set up fee. One of the things I tell EVERY customer, I can not get ride of your moles for good. The moles I trap will not come back,LOL
But new one cam move in anytime.
Posted By: Aggie73

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/14/19 04:59 PM

No such thing as a "guarantee" when it comes to gopher work. I make sure to inform my customers up front and educate them on the biology, habits and habitat of pocket gophers. Thus, they know beforehand that they cannot force neighbors to hire me to trap "their" gophers to keep them from re-colonizing my customers' now vacant tunnels/burrows. Although, most customers "just want them gone," informing them ahead of time of what they're up against goes a long ways in repeat business. Most will "grin and bear it," with grinning optional!
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/14/19 09:18 PM

If we can physically keep them out, we'll guarantee it. If they can wander back in at will, we don't.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/21/19 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Aggie73
No such thing as a "guarantee" when it comes to gopher work. I make sure to inform my customers up front and educate them on the biology, habits and habitat of pocket gophers. Thus, they know beforehand that they cannot force neighbors to hire me to trap "their" gophers to keep them from re-colonizing my customers' now vacant tunnels/burrows. Although, most customers "just want them gone," informing them ahead of time of what they're up against goes a long ways in repeat business. Most will "grin and bear it," with grinning optional!

Agreed...about 50 percent of our work is moles
Posted By: Getting There

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/21/19 05:28 PM

The only guarantee I would offer is the animal I trapped will not come back.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: I guarantee it?! - 12/22/19 12:34 AM

It’s possible to offer guarantees with beavers, at least here, where I have experience.

When I know the beavers that tend specific dams are eliminated, I can confidently give a 30 day guarantee. With beavers, the one that matters most is the last one. That guarantee has probably secured more work for me than anything else, because people that stand by their work get more of it.

Only once have I ever returned for warranty work. It may have even been past the 30 day mark, but I did it for free anyway. Taking care of customers leads to golden reputations, and that’s the best possible advertisement.

I don’t offer guarantees with other species when doing crawfish pond work.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums