Home

The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions

Posted By: Providence Farm

The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/10/20 05:52 PM

As stated my wife has let it be known she is unhappy with the moles particularly around the garden. We have 96 acres but I would like to remove the moles around the gardens and house.

I have never tried to trap moles and have no idea what traps would work best or if I buy them how to set them to be most effective. The only mole traps I have ever seen in person are the spring loaded spike traps Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Trapping season is over for us but removing moles would be a fun productive extension and my boys will love it. Of course happy wife and all...

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/10/20 08:14 PM

I like the NoMol . Wildlife Control Supplies sell them .
Posted By: Getting There

Re: The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/10/20 09:47 PM

My go to trap is Trap line products mole traps.. Like anything else everyone have there favorite trap, they are all good. You just have to learn how to use them. There are just a couple thing you have to do, if you see a new run DO NOT wait to set the trap do it right away. Learn how to identify new runs. You can go on line a read about this. You will not get the job done with one trap. If you buy Out-of-Site be carful. Good luck.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/11/20 01:55 AM

Thanks guys I will check them out. Normally buy multiples of everything trap wise. I was thinking at least 6 to 12. I just gont want to buy something and not have success due to me not using them correctly.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/11/20 01:59 AM

Try 6 from trap line product and 6 no moles. The no moles work better in sandy soil. Watch the video with the trap line products.
Posted By: Aggie73

Re: The wife is not happy.. mole 101 questions - 03/11/20 02:03 AM

Which traps work best and how to set them are probably the most asked questions on this forum regarding mole trapping. You'll get a variety of answers from trappers across the country and even the world. And the answer is " it all depends." It depends on your location, mole subspecies, population density, climate, soil type, etc. Not one kind/brand of trap or technique is a One Size Fits All necessarily!

Take advantage of this Forum's Archive and do a Search. You'll find a wealth of info on preferred traps used and mole trapping techniques. If you find using the Archive/Search functions difficult to use, then Google "mole traps, Trapperman Forums," "The Mighty Mole Trappers Thread, Trapperman Forums," Moles, Trapperman Forum," etc. The key is to include "Trapperman Forums" in the Google Search.

The mole traps I use in sandy soils with year around trapping are the Elite Mole Upgrade Out of Sight, the Talpex Claw trap, and the Trapline Products mole trap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums