Home

Did you ever try

Posted By: Getting There

Did you ever try - 03/30/20 07:31 PM

not filling in the hole when using Steve's traps. I watch a couple of the Cinch trap video's and they did not fill in the hole when trapping Mole & Pocket Gophers. The cinch trap is much longer than Steve's trap. Has anyone ever given a try?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Did you ever try - 03/30/20 08:16 PM

I never wanted to give any hint that something is out of the ordinary. A great big bright spot cant be good. Moles dont have regular eyes, but I bet they can sense light.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Did you ever try - 03/30/20 09:46 PM

When I have dug out a mole mound to find the sloped tunnel to the surface I set a trapline trap down into the run at the angle of the run but leave it open. It will cause the mole to come back up and seal the opening to the open air. I catch lots of moles when these mounds are fresh and still being worked.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Did you ever try - 03/31/20 01:48 AM

The mole talk on here is heating up. It's that time of year.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Did you ever try - 03/31/20 02:04 AM

Not yet in my part of Michigan. Moving all my forms and paper work to the garage so people will know it is clean from the virus. I will place any form in a large envelop and leave in the garage for three day before handling just to be safe. Will wear mask and gloves also. Not expecting much work this year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums