Home

Live Trapping Possum

Posted By: dayn

Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:25 AM

I'm a mole guy, today a customer called and told me the possums are attacking the hen house, she has cats, so I will set up some live traps, my question is, is there a bait that will bring in possums that cats wont be attracted to?

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:27 AM

Thanks in advance

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:36 AM

I know they are dumber than rocks, I have lived trapped them years ago, I dont want to have to alter my schedule to release a cat

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:38 AM

I quoted her $50 per possum, she thinks there are 3 and is good with that

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:39 AM

I suppose I shouldnt (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if I have to release a cat

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 04/26/20 04:41 AM

I know racoons like marshmellows, not sure if possums do, Ive never zeroed in on possums
Posted By: B. Shope

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/03/20 01:40 PM

give that cat a good shake before release. that will lessen the chance of having to release in the future
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/03/20 03:08 PM

Set at least 6 cages. That way you can catch the 3 opossum and some cats all at the same time! You'll only need one trip!
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/03/20 04:14 PM

In my experience you can never avoid a cat, a they are curious. The trap itself is something they will snoop in. I just caught a cat in a foot trap a few days ago, in a place it was never supposed to be, but as something looked different, the cat appeared.
Paul Winkelmann is right in you gang set for anything to deal with the trash. That was one of the first things stressed by Long Liner Garold Weiland wrote about was making enough sets so you had a trap set for your target when it appeared.
Time to go empty a skunk from the cage trap hotel.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/03/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Winkelmann
Set at least 6 cages. That way you can catch the 3 opossum and some cats all at the same time! You'll only need one trip!

What are you going to do with the raccoon and skunk you catch? Maybe there's 4 possum.
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/04/20 12:05 AM

I agree with Paul . I was trying to catch raccoons in a barn once and was using corn and I still caught cats .
Posted By: Boco

Re: Live Trapping Possum - 06/10/20 01:55 PM

Cats dont like rotten stuff.
Not sure about possums but skunks like rotten-so do bears.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums