Home

Unusual catch

Posted By: 20scout

Unusual catch - 06/30/20 04:24 PM

Local farmer has me chasing skunks and nuisance raccoons. Was surprised when I found this little guy this morning. When I let him out he ran about 15', stopped and looked back at me. About that time Loki (my pup) jumped out of the truck window and chased him off. While driving away after making the set, I seen him again watching from the grove not far from the set. I don't think he was frightened by the dog and may have thought they where playing so didn't go far. Pleasing to see them coming back again! [Linked Image]
Posted By: JJHACK

Re: Unusual catch - 06/30/20 05:27 PM

That is an awesome catch! I really enjoy the odd stuff that wanders onto a trap now and then. Bull frogs, magpies, a huge Bull snake etc. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Unusual catch - 06/30/20 05:33 PM

Thats so cool!
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Unusual catch - 06/30/20 05:52 PM

There is probably a fox den near. If possible, watch the area in late evening or early morning; you may see the whole family.

Re: Unusual catch - 06/30/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LAtrapper
There is probably a fox den near. If possible, watch the area in late evening or early morning; you may see the whole family.

Thought about that but this farm is littered with old cars and farm equipment and what holes I have found are likely skunk or woodchuck. Really surprised to see a red as the coyotes have been thick around the place till I got in there last year. Hope this is a sign that the coyotes have moved out and the fox back in.

Re: Unusual catch - 07/01/20 02:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Found another one in the same trap this morning. I'm sure it's not that same one as yesterday so perhaps it's the mate?
Posted By: JJHACK

Re: Unusual catch - 07/01/20 02:59 PM

Much like a steel trap for fur when trapping fox, the second fox catch after a catch is quite common. Not much lays down better scent than an actual real fox!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums