Home

Barrier jobs

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Barrier jobs - 07/26/20 10:40 PM

Barrier work for skunks and groundhogs completed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Coyote den under rear deck, exclusion after wire installation was complete.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

\
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Barrier jobs - 07/27/20 01:27 PM

How is your back?

Re: Barrier jobs - 07/27/20 02:57 PM

Old folks always seem to have some sort of back ailments. Just comes with our age. As we get older things wear out as is to be expected.
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/01/20 11:50 PM

What type of screening did you use on these projects?

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/09/20 10:59 PM

Crickets

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/09/20 11:50 PM

We use 1/2" hardware cloth for most exclusions, 1/4" for mice.

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/10/20 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Barrier work for skunks and groundhogs completed.

[Linked Image]

Just noticed the location of the down spout in relation to the trap. Water boarding?

Thanks limestone. This looks larger than 1/2". Thinking it ia some type of fencing.

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/10/20 11:32 AM

We use 1" x 1" x 16 Gauge vinyl coated wire for most of these types of jobs for animals like fox, coyote, groundhogs, skunks etc. We use the Dig fence at the base of the wood framing and drive it into the soil to grade.

The drain drop had a run off extension section that we had to remove which ran out down past the front of the porch so the water wouldn't empty under the porch. The exclusion device needed to be installed for a little while to make sure we had good eviction before wiring was complete.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Barrier jobs - 08/23/20 07:15 PM

Very nice work.
Dig Defence is a great product.
I like the trap port.

Re: Barrier jobs - 09/01/20 11:02 PM

Bob - do you then put a covering over your work? Siding or lattice?

Have you ever put the dig defence on the inside, then framing, then siding or lattice? I did that on a porch deck at a lavish summer home. if installed last, the top edge of the dig defence would not have been acceptable visually. It would have been an eyesore! The groundhogs were kept out.

After doing jobs where the customers were very pleased and paid in full, on future jobs I did an experiment and installed vinyl lattice attached with color matching screws. Wow, the customers loved it. Once all the framing and wire work is finished, installing the vinyl lattice is quick and easy. In fact depending on the job it could be installed using a narrow crown pneumatic or cordless stapler. To really dress up the lattice add a frame and an occasional crossmember. I use solid white 1”x4” plastic lumber. Zero maintenance!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Barrier jobs - 01/28/21 11:27 PM

Looks good. Aren't you too old to do that stuff LOL
It doesn't look like you went into the ground with any barrier?

Re: Barrier jobs - 01/29/21 08:40 AM

Above he said that he used dig defence below grade.
That is the only way that I will put in a run of below ground barrier. It is extremely effective.
When I have a lot of it to run and then an exclusion fence and lattice I hire my nephew. He enjoys the work plus I pay him well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums