Home

Snake Traps

Posted By: Buck77

Snake Traps - 07/28/20 09:45 PM

I have a snake job that I am going to look at in the next few days. I have had many snake calls where I just go grab the snake and leave, but this one is a bit different. The home owner sees a snake about every other day out by her air conditioner unit and wants me to either seal up the house or set traps. My question is what is a good snake trap that I could put around the house, and do you use bait for them or not? This is a new one on me and just want to make sure it is done right. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Snake Traps - 07/28/20 09:59 PM

Check out the CG snake trap . I never used them but seems like it would work .
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Snake Traps - 07/28/20 10:33 PM

Wildlife Control Supplies has several snake traps available- https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/removal/Snake_Control.html.
I make my own out of corrugated plastic sheeting available at Lowe's (https://www.lowes.com/pd/PLASKOLITE...OiZ_d1w_fxoCKf8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) and many other places.

I make them similar to the Cahaba Snake Trap (https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSCSTS.html). They can be made almost any size to fit any situation. I use small paper back glue boards inside the traps.

Picture of a copperhead cought on glue board.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Snake Traps - 07/28/20 11:14 PM

We use 3" x 4" vinyl down spouting. Cut in to 21 1/2" long. Each end has a 1 3/4" over hang. A 1/2 sheet of GRB goes inside. These can be set along the house and work very well.

Re: Snake Traps - 07/28/20 11:23 PM

Sounds like a good idea Jim . What is GRB ?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Snake Traps - 07/29/20 11:21 AM

I started with a Cahaba from WCS then made my own from old real estate/election signs or even pcs of free scrap downspouts
Anything you can put sticky pads inside will work, so it looks like a tunnel / place to hide
Posted By: NWTrapper85

Re: Snake Traps - 07/29/20 12:05 PM

I use cardboard tubes that normally have stretch wrap on it to wrap pallets. Their maybe 4 inches wide, I get them for free so works out I put my glue boards down on each end of them. I cut them roughly 18" I've had many doubles in them a snake on each end or 2 on one end. Only down side is their not the most weather resistant if it rains frays them a bit but will hold up a while.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Snake Traps - 07/29/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by rick brocious
Sounds like a good idea Jim . What is GRB ?

GRB is a 10" x 18" glue board. Cut in half and the 1" trimmed off the side, it fits in the down spout.

Re: Snake Traps - 07/29/20 04:08 PM

Thanks Jim.
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Snake Traps - 08/17/20 02:00 PM

Anyone have experience with these tomahawks?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Snake Traps - 08/18/20 09:53 PM

Why does the snake want to go in that?
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Snake Traps - 08/19/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by EatenByLimestone
Why does the snake want to go in that?

Food, as well as blind sets along walls imo
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Snake Traps - 08/19/20 02:32 PM

You put hot looking snake chicks in the back!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums