Home

Feral Cats

Posted By: gman

Feral Cats - 08/16/20 03:00 PM

Does anyone have a really effective bait or lure for feral cats. Regular cat food works some but it is not real impressive. I'm looking for a super producer. Help please!!!! Thanks
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Feral Cats - 08/16/20 05:17 PM

Gman try some cat gland and a toy aka feather, strings, reflective ribbons hung in back of cage.
Something else that I use at nuisance cat jobs in my area is a suspended container....pill bottle ...with catnip in it.
Hammered 9 feral cats off of one old barn....caught a few on fishy baits then things came to a halt.
Switched up using these methods and picked up the rest.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Feral Cats - 08/18/20 02:49 AM

MChewk; I'm guessing you'd mean Bobcat lure? Only, I got myself some ~ too long ago ~ intending to follow the feral's. Life got in the way.

With the scheme I'm now planning? Targetting feral's could well be a good start wink
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Feral Cats - 08/18/20 10:40 AM

If you have other animals in that general area you might catch them too...raccoon being the most common.
In my case these feral cat jobs are usually after coons have been caught.
And yes bobcat lure
Posted By: Ringbill5196

Re: Feral Cats - 08/18/20 03:11 PM

In Australia they sell feral cat pelts on the fur market. I was listening to Locklear's podcast with a guy from there. There is some places here where it would be about like muskrat numbers!
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Feral Cats - 08/18/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ringbill5196
In Australia they sell feral cat pelts on the fur market. !

Fur price lists from the US during the 30's show house cat pelt value. Dad loved catching them as opposed to a skunk........dang I miss him!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums