Home

Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements

Posted By: Hemming Co.

Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 12:48 AM

The state of Tennessee insurance requirements per TCA states "adequate liability insurance" It does not state the amount. So the question is what does "adequate" mean?
Is it 300k, 500k or 1M liability coverage? Ive had some TWA officers tell me it is one mil yet another says 500k. Anyone else in Tennessee and can you suggest a good insurance firm?
I was looking at a general contractors insurance and found one where I can get per job coverage, per month, or per year.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 01:47 AM

Bob and Sons

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 02:02 AM

Where are bob n sons located?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 03:12 AM

I always used the NWCOA insurance program- https://www.nwcoa.com/resources/Doc...istian%20Baker%20Insurance%20Program.pdf

I carried the $500,000/$1,000,000 policy, cost $650 per year. If more was required by the customer, temporary insurance was available through a phone call or email.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 12:40 PM

Bob & Sons Insurance Agency, 260 726-3718. Portland, in 47371
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 09/29/20 11:47 PM

You also need to think about how your business is listed. If DBA, the person sueing can go after your personal assets above and beyond your liability. If an LLC, you are covered to the extent of your liability....in otherwords, your personal property is protected.

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 06/09/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by LAtrapper
I always used the NWCOA insurance program- https://www.nwcoa.com/resources/Doc...istian%20Baker%20Insurance%20Program.pdf

I carried the $500,000/$1,000,000 policy, cost $650 per year. If more was required by the customer, temporary insurance was available through a phone call or email.

When you say "more" and Temporary, would that be like if the customer wanted a chimney sweep done? Would they have temp coverage for lets say a pressure wash job on siding or car port? Its something we thought about doing but so far seems we will have to carry two policies
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 06/09/21 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hemming Co.
Originally Posted by LAtrapper

When you say "more" and Temporary, would that be like if the customer wanted a chimney sweep done? Would they have temp coverage for lets say a pressure wash job on siding or car port? Its something we thought about doing but so far seems we will have to carry two policies

Chimney sweeping or pressure washing of siding have nothing to do with wildlife damage control. What I was talking about was that if a customer required two million dollars insurance, which exceeded my insurance policy; I could call and increase my coverage for that job to two million dollars. Of course there was a cost for the temporary coverage. This cost was paid by the customer. I have been out of the business for several years now, so do not know the current NWCOA insurance rules.
Posted By: JoeyHalk

Re: Tennessee ADC insurance Requirements - 06/10/21 10:54 PM

Recently talked with Christian Baker about increasing my insurance to the 1,000,000/2,000,000 and they said that will be the only option going forward.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums