Home

Cage Dividers

Posted By: Kermit

Cage Dividers - 10/11/20 03:48 PM

So I needed a cage divider for small traps. Couldn't find anything so I made one. !/4 inch aluminum rod. Drilled i/4 holes thru a piece of 3/4 aluminum box. Then drilled a small hole a 1/4 inch from one end of the rods. Taper other end. Feed the rods thru the hole in box. Feed a piece of stiff wire thru the small hole. Stainless if you have it This prevents the rods from falling thru. Cap the box with a piece of 3/4 aluminum channel. This holds rods against the wire. A couple 10-24 holds channel in place. The rods can be placed fairly close together for small crittters.Works good. Easy to handle and not cumbersome.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Cage Dividers - 10/12/20 02:43 PM

So I've just gotta know what you use a small cage divider for? I have a large one for that rare ornery lactating female, but other than that I have very little problem transferring animals! And I transfer just about all of them. I find squirrels especially easy!

Re: Cage Dividers - 10/12/20 04:33 PM

Not sure on proper way to do a transfer. I lock rodent in one end of cage. Lock door open on trap. Then put trap into transfer cage I made. Pull trap out and door closes on transfer cage. Works for me.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Cage Dividers - 10/12/20 10:04 PM

A few years ago I had a situation where I had set a bunch of traps for squirrels, 8 or 9. Often had 6 squirrels at a clip. I kept swapping out traps, so I had to carry a lot of spare traps with me. I made a transfer box with a one way door that when mated with the squirrel traps it opened the door allowing the squirrels to exit and pass through the one way door on the transfer cage in seconds. With this set up I didn't need a divider and could unload several squirrels in little more than seconds, while saving a lot of time and also saved having to buy a lot more squirrel traps. Annie in California loves the set up because she earth anchors her squirrel traps because they get stolen frequently. She can transfer without swapping or fumbling.

Re: Cage Dividers - 10/13/20 11:40 PM

I am using a tomohawk live trap with spring loaded external lock .Doing real good if you can push that in to a transfer cage and have door open

Re: Cage Dividers - 10/15/20 03:59 PM

Were do you buy a push pull transfer cage for the external spring bar locked cages?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums