Home

Armadillo trapping

Posted By: trappergirl04

Armadillo trapping - 10/15/20 01:07 PM

I’m trying to catch an armadillo in a residential area so I’m only allowed to use cage traps, And I don’t know where the burrow is. Any tips?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Armadillo trapping - 10/15/20 01:42 PM

Sorry non in Michigan, I hear you have to use fencing and funnel them into the trap. They have poor eye sight. Remember this is just hear say information. LOL
Posted By: warrior

Re: Armadillo trapping - 10/15/20 03:04 PM

Location, location, location.

ID the travel routes, find the bottlenecks and pinch points, set upstream from the feeding area. Fencing to create funnels to the trap. Fence off what you can't cover with traps. No bait, no lure other than armadillo funk. First one is the hard one. Once caught transfer diller cage to cage until they all reek of diller or use thin plywood bottoms or other scent holders in the cages.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Armadillo trapping - 10/19/20 12:23 PM

Very useful info from Warrior. The drift fencing gets it going and once the other armadillos smell the first one caught the catching will continue. Using double door cage traps allows them to be captured coming or going like a conibear, but safe for pets. If you have a cover over the trap to keep the rain out, with some absorbent material in or under the trap the cover will protect the set. You can either continue to use the urine soaked material on site or move it to a new location to begin with.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Armadillo trapping - 10/19/20 10:15 PM

We do not have Armadillo's in Michigan. Anyone have a picture to a armadillo set up. All I know about armadillo's that they can run fast.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Armadillo trapping - 10/20/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Location, location, location.

ID the travel routes, find the bottlenecks and pinch points, set upstream from the feeding area. Fencing to create funnels to the trap. Fence off what you can't cover with traps. No bait, no lure other than armadillo funk. First one is the hard one. Once caught transfer diller cage to cage until they all reek of diller or use thin plywood bottoms or other scent holders in the cages.

Dillo funk huh?...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums