Home

flying squirrel

Posted By: forestman3

flying squirrel - 11/26/20 09:48 PM

I think I have one in the attic.What`s the best bait to use for them.I`m getting ready to put a couple traps up their and a trail camera to make sure what it is.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: flying squirrel - 11/26/20 10:49 PM

Peanut butter

Find the entrance and put a cone on it. Make sure they can't get in anywhere else.

Re: flying squirrel - 11/27/20 01:33 AM

Thanks for the info.I put a camera up their and 2 traps.This is a newer home and sealed up pretty good.I have no idea where they are getting in.Closest tree is 40 yards from the house.

Re: flying squirrel - 11/27/20 12:08 PM

Brick or stone veneer?

New house aren't sealed up all that well.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: flying squirrel - 11/27/20 02:36 PM

x 2 on new houses not being sealed up well, I have flyers in a house that was just moved into. Guess builders forget all those little hard to get to spots on dormers & where roofs come together.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: flying squirrel - 11/28/20 01:10 AM

I would put a trap on a board on the tree and put black sunflower seeds in the trap. Wait until after dark to set the trap or you will get everything else in the trap. JMO

Re: flying squirrel - 11/28/20 01:26 AM

Update on the attic is that it appears to be just mice.I thought it sounded bigger than mice.I have lived hear for over 20 years and never had anything make a sound in the attic before.Caught 2 last night and set more traps today.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: flying squirrel - 11/28/20 01:31 PM

Squirrels sound like coons and coons sound like a person.

Re: flying squirrel - 11/29/20 01:22 AM

Yup. We usually say it's like a 5yo with a basketball in your attic.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums