Home

Fox in cage traps

Posted By: Trad bow

Fox in cage traps - 11/29/20 10:13 PM

In a subdivision and need to catch a couple of foxes without causing harm to landowners pets. Best bait for this scenario?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Fox in cage traps - 11/29/20 11:40 PM

I used a dead pigeon. I do not worry to much about landowners pet. Mi. has a leash law. If I catch a cat, he gets a bath with the hose to make sure they are clean when they get home. I always aim to please. JMO
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Fox in cage traps - 11/30/20 02:41 AM

Can you posi set?

Make sure you don't need extra permits for them.
Posted By: Trad bow

Re: Fox in cage traps - 11/30/20 10:56 AM

I’ve got a couple dead quail in freezer I was gonna use for bobcats I can try. I was just wondering if there was a bait that wouldn’t attract cats.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Fox in cage traps - 11/30/20 02:48 PM

I just hung the pigeon behind the trigger, hung a few of the pigeon feather on a wire outside the trap. Put some dirt and other junk inside the trap and sticks other item outside the trap. That was it. Had the fox on day two.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Fox in cage traps - 12/01/20 02:01 AM

Bait requires maintenance, replacing/refreshing and also will attract everything in the neighborhood, skunks, possum, coon, so if possible I prefer to make positive sets at den sites or trail sets for just about everything, each using double door cage traps which won't cause injury to pets.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Fox in cage traps - 02/23/21 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Comstock
Bait requires maintenance, replacing/refreshing and also will attract everything in the neighborhood, skunks, possum, coon, so if possible I prefer to make positive sets at den sites or trail sets for just about everything, each using double door cage traps which won't cause injury to pets.

What he said !
Posted By: Randy H

Re: Fox in cage traps - 02/23/21 12:18 PM

What Lt. Grey said
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Fox in cage traps - 02/23/21 01:37 PM

laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums