Home

Beaver job

Posted By: Michael Lippold

Beaver job - 12/29/20 09:39 PM

We were contacted by a fella whose HOA has some beaver there wanting trapped. I haven’t looked at it yet but am interested if for no other reason than to get our name out there. How do you guys go about charging for this kind of work?
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Beaver job - 12/30/20 12:30 AM

More than a typical beaver job, because there’s more risk. Way more risky than a typical beaver job for me, since you’re asking what we’d say.

Hard to decide what someone else should charge, but this is a start.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Beaver job - 12/30/20 02:22 AM

It depends on how much sign there is.
How far per trip?.
How long will it take?
Add the “inconvenience fee” of having to deal with the Anti’s likely to be encountered.
I normally checked HOA’s at first light before most were awake.
Posted By: Ringbill5196

Re: Beaver job - 12/30/20 04:04 PM

$500 flat rate.
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Beaver job - 12/30/20 06:34 PM

$1 Bob
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Beaver job - 12/31/20 10:12 PM

HOAs are good to get your name into. You are in MO. What is min wage. Median house price in area and annual hoa fee for development?

I still get calls for "other" from HOAs that I made contact 20 years ago

I still do per on beaver...... because I am good..lol
300 plus materials set up. 300 per
I use only cage traps on hoa work
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Beaver job - 01/02/21 04:57 PM

Must have insurance. Catch soneone's dog and the trouble begins. Make sure the hoa is on board and have release forms signed just incase fido gets caught.
Keep a low profile. Might have to post signs warning folks that trapping in progress.All depends on what the hoa rep needs.
Now with all that said. Don't work cheap.For me,minimum would be 1200. Very possibly more.Sarge
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Beaver job - 01/03/21 12:04 AM

$700 was my min for HOA’s. .....Since for whatever reason, anything more needs the expenditure committee to vote on. Plus I got them done in one week or less.
Would often be doing two different HOA’s within 20 minute drive each other.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Beaver job - 01/08/21 10:39 PM

You could just send them a bill-Beaver removal-and a number.If they want an estimate-charge for that because you'll be spending time and effort calculating the job.Figure out on an hourly basis what an avg estimate requires and charge accordingly.
Price each job individually.
Posted By: Flying Trapper

Re: Beaver job - 02/16/21 01:33 AM

Where you at in Missouri? I am in the KC area.

I started out doing $150 setup fee and $25/beaver and rat. That was dumb!!!! Way too much crazy crap with HOAs. I now charge $500 setup fee $100/beaver and $50/rat. Still not enough, I trap rats for the HOA I live in and they waive my annual dues.

I always get on letterhead the request for removal and permission to be on the property. Want that to show the antis that will bug you.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Beaver job - 02/26/21 03:41 PM

Estimate the time necessary each day for a week.
Calculate your desired rate of pay per hour plus any other items such as profit for your business.
Calculate your overhead for a week. This may include special expenses such as snow fence and posts to block off access.
Calculate mileage, drive time, and driving expenses for a week.
Tell them the job will likely take 1 or 2 or 3 weeks as appropriate.
Add it up and tell them your price for 1,2, or 3 weeks is $xx.xx based upon your weekly rate of $yy.yy.

Good luck with the project.
Get back to us with your price and how it went presenting your price to the customer.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Beaver job - 03/20/21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
We were contacted by a fella whose HOA has some beaver there wanting trapped. I haven’t looked at it yet but am interested if for no other reason than to get our name out there. How do you guys go about charging for this kind of work?

How’d it work out?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums