Home

Coating on Oos traps?

Posted By: Indiancreek

Coating on Oos traps? - 03/16/21 11:08 AM

How do you guys re-coat them when it’s needed? Wax, speed dip?
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 03/16/21 12:34 PM

Speed dip
Posted By: Tony H

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 03/16/21 04:58 PM

I had mine bead blasted, primed, and then powder coated. This combined with upgraded stainless hardware makes them maintenance free. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Indiancreek

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 03/16/21 11:51 PM

Thanks for the replies
Posted By: AJE

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 07/13/21 04:21 AM

I don't see a reason to wax them
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 07/15/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by AJE
I don't see a reason to wax them

No but. . .if you have a rusty trap, a shot of vaseline where the trap dog meets the pan, can sure help with a delay in firing
Posted By: AJE

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 07/17/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by LT GREY
if you have a rusty trap, a shot of vaseline where the trap dog meets the pan, can sure help with a delay in firing

I might have to try that.
Posted By: willvalley

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 10/20/21 01:48 AM

Like Vaseline a light coating of wax where the dog and pan meet works wonders on rusty traps. If used make sure your middle finger is pressing hard on the pan when setting.
Ted
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 10/20/21 09:17 PM

I know I am not the sharpest tack in the box but I have never had good luck with OOS, I up graded to the SS pan and dog.
Just think the pan tension is very hi. It takes a lot to set if off. JMO.
Posted By: Tony H

Re: Coating on Oos traps? - 10/20/21 09:54 PM

It does take a bit to set it off. That’s why you have to bed your traps well. If you don’t jam the scissor legs in the ground then you run the risk of the trap being pushed up and out of the run without going off. I set mine so the trigger pan is about 1/2” off the bottom of the run. The mole faceplants into the trigger pan and then tries to dig under it, setting off the trap. I rarely miss them in the OOS traps.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums