Home

Coon problem

Posted By: Mdw

Coon problem - 05/27/21 11:45 PM

I mainly do beaver n coons on huntin clubs n farms. I just got a call of 2 coons under a Mobil home with no skirting in a Mobil home park. Has outside cats n they been trying to cage trap it for over a month. Says coons have eatin the electrical up which I’ve never had a coon do that n seems more like a rat to me which I’m probably wrong lol. What do you experts think? If is that sounds more like a catch pole job than a trap. I’d prob catch the cats right off the bat. Says dug small hole under trap put bait in it n staked the trap down n it still got the bait. Just screams rat to me lol am I wrong
Posted By: AJE

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 01:51 AM

Trail cam
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by AJE
Trail cam
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 11:07 AM

Have you looked for droppings? What kind of damage is there other than wires?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 11:40 AM

We don't do any mobile home jobs any longer. They are poorly designed structures with numerous potential problem areas. If it was just trapping an animal at times that would be the easy part.

Great place to raise a litter of coon. If you are lucky to catch the lactating female where are you going to find the pups ?

With the belly mesh fabric usually always damaged/ or torn / pulled to the ground on the majority of the older homes: and all the holes in the flooring areas, it can be a nightmare to resolve. Then in a short while something else moves in. Animals get into the flexible duct work and live or die in there. That is a whole other problem to try to resolve. Can you imagine a dead mouse or rat decomposing in your ductwork blowing the odor into all of your rooms.

We have had rats, mice, snakes, raccoon, ground hogs, squirrels, opossum, cats and at times several species living under or in the house at the same time. Good luck to you.

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 10:05 PM

Same here.

Re: Coon problem - 05/28/21 10:06 PM

We'll place bait stations for mice and rats though.
Posted By: Mdw

Re: Coon problem - 05/29/21 02:53 AM

She got back with me n said had on trail camera for the last month, said there was 3 n she shot 1. Tore out insulation n chewed wires. Said only come out when she forgets to pick up the cat food at night.

Re: Coon problem - 05/29/21 03:23 AM

Put cat food in a cage trap with some mollases for added coon attractant.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Coon problem - 06/02/21 03:45 AM

With the huge expansion of the wildlife control business, there are plenty of solutions for almost any situation. Here's a product that fits your need: https://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=32883

Re: Coon problem - 06/03/21 03:48 AM

That is nifty Ron. What an amazing invention.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums