Home

Japanese beetle trap incident

Posted By: AJE

Japanese beetle trap incident - 07/29/21 04:31 AM

I got an interesting call. Once or twice a week lately, a critter was coming in after dark & knocking down the bag of japanese beetles the man had collected in his beetle trap. It's hard to believe what would want to eat those stinky dead bugs. I set a 160 in a cubby nearby & trapped a large opposum last night. The landowner was happy. Hopefully the problem is solved, but I figure it is possible a coon could maybe be a culprit. I always figure opposums will eat anything!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Japanese beetle trap incident - 07/29/21 04:20 PM

LOL, and you'd be correct!
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Japanese beetle trap incident - 07/29/21 09:28 PM

I dont think they like woodchuck food, lol. Back when I bait trapped I'd catch them in skunk and raccoon sets, but dont remember picking them up in chuck sets.

I remember it was a while before I learned they dont like getting sprayed by skunks. So many of them smelled like them when caught, lol. Then I watched a skunk let lose on an opossum in a cage beside it. That opossum tried to exit the opposite direction from the skunk through the cage. The escape wasn't successful.

Re: Japanese beetle trap incident - 08/22/21 11:27 PM

Got another 1 last night at the same set!

Re: Japanese beetle trap incident - 09/14/21 01:05 AM

They keep coming into that same beetle trap. 'Got this 1 last night. 4 so far.

[Linked Image]

They sure like those beetles, or at least the stinky smell. After a few days those beetles stink.

AJE
Northern Unit Trapper
American Animal

© 2024 Trapperman Forums