Home

Bite and Pull

Posted By: varmintshooter

Bite and Pull - 10/28/21 01:30 AM

I am looking for a couple of good bite and pull baits. I am looking to use with a collarum.
Thanks
VS
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Bite and Pull - 10/28/21 02:57 AM

One source is WCT- https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCS014.html
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Bite and Pull - 10/28/21 12:40 PM

Wisconsin trapper Jack Hill makes a good one called Buffalo Snot.

Re: Bite and Pull - 10/30/21 03:22 AM

Thank you.
John Graham has a couple of good bite and pull lures. He bought the company from Gary Jepson. WCS has a Bite and Pull with their Pro Line lures. Does Gary now make the Lures for WCS?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Bite and Pull - 10/30/21 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by varmintshooter
Thank you.
John Graham has a couple of good bite and pull lures. He bought the company from Gary Jepson. WCS has a Bite and Pull with their Pro Line lures. Does Gary now make the Lures for WCS?

I believe Gary formulated the lures for WCS but he doesn't actually make their Pro Line products.

Re: Bite and Pull - 10/31/21 01:19 AM

I ordered some Buffalo Snot. What a name. Two from John and one from WCS. That will give four to try.

Thanks for the help

Re: Bite and Pull - 11/19/21 02:33 AM

Still has a nasty name but I hid several small sticks dipped in the bait and my dog found and ate every one. Made three sets and caught two second night. Real mild small but very effective.

MChewk thanks for the information. This is a perty good bait (lure).

Re: Bite and Pull - 11/19/21 01:28 PM

No problem...I had good results testing it and Jack Hill makes good lures and baits
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Bite and Pull - 11/23/21 06:23 PM

Most quality fish oils will work.
I say "quality", so synthetic oils are out

Re: Bite and Pull - 12/21/21 11:41 AM

MChewk, not sure if I will order a pint of the Buffalo Snot again. Next time maybe a gal.

Re: Bite and Pull - 12/21/21 01:11 PM

Shooter, I’m finding that the Buffalo Snot thickens up in our cold weather but still very effective on predators. Mr. Hill has developed a good one for sure. I also like his Sweet Skunk lure.
Posted By: John Graham

Re: Bite and Pull - 01/01/22 02:55 AM

I have several lures that were designed specifically for This type of use:

Grab & Pull
T-Bone Special
Wyoming Wolfer

Those are all top choices for what you are looking for. I see that 2 pints of one, and several 4 oz. bottles were ordered today, and going to various parts of the country.

I also make a few batches of M-44 #1 and M-44 #2 every year, but I try to reserve them for people that are actually using M-44's.

As mentioned, I bought Fur Country Lures from Jepson, in 1996, (26 years ago)

In the original line of Fur Country Lures, Bonanza Mild, and also Blaster Bonanza are good for the application that you are looking for.

Re: Bite and Pull - 01/01/22 01:33 PM

Thanks John...this is the first year that I played with the “bite and pull” type of attractors. Did some preseason scouting with it when I was beaver trapping for my landowners. The Bonanza lures have produced well for me throughout the years....decades. Look forward to trying these new lures in the future.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums