Home

skunk smell eliminator

Posted By: TNADC

skunk smell eliminator - 02/19/22 11:39 AM

I'd like to carry a sprayer to use if one of my critters lets loose on or near a customer's house. I have seen the recipe on the site under tips. Does this keep in a sprayer or is it something to mix together only when you need it?

Thanks
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/19/22 12:24 PM

The peroxide mix is more effective when used in a short period of time. They do sell commercial odor eliminator and masking products in a spray bottle that is quite effective. I keep several bottles on hand just for that purpose.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/19/22 12:34 PM

Mix and use immediately. It does not store. I have never put it in a pressurized sprayer but that might work if you use it right away. If you do not use all of it, release the pressure and remove the lid as the solution will create pressure as it reacts.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/19/22 04:25 PM

one hour shelf life
Posted By: 20scout

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/19/22 04:28 PM

I carry a bottle of Nature's Miracle in my truck. No shelf life and it works! Available at most farm stores or Amazon.
Posted By: AJE

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/20/22 04:39 AM

Rickard's product I think is the spray bottle I carry
Posted By: webfootwhacker

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/21/22 01:33 AM

Bac-a-zap works too. Or Epoleon-N. I had one spray while on my lowered tailgate sprayed with bac-a-zap and was good as new in a few hours.
Posted By: TNADC

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/21/22 09:27 PM

Thanks fellas. A virtual cornucopia of information. I ordered some Nature's Miracle and will store it with my gear. I hope to never need it, but you never know.

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/21/22 09:55 PM

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/22/22 01:14 AM

When I was still in the business I always used the peroxide, baking soda, and detergent recipe. I never found anything that was more effective. Here is a link to another choice that looks good.

https://shop.thornell.com/skunk-off-spray.html Skunk-off Spray
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/23/22 12:40 AM

Which Nature's Miracle, Dog, Cat, Advanced, Urine or just plain Natures Miracle?

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/23/22 05:15 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Remover-Neutralizing-Formula/dp/B000NJJKCM/ref=sr_1_7?crid=16KQAKM86ZRZ6&keywords=natures+miracle+skunk+odor+remover&qid=1645593266&sprefix=natures+miracle+skunk%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-7
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 02/23/22 11:10 AM

Thanks 20scout
Posted By: BigBob

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 03/12/22 08:45 PM

You can carry the ingredients and mix as needed.

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 03/12/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
You can carry the ingredients and mix as needed.

True but why bother when you can carry something already mixed and ready to go in a spray bottle? Premixed is also ready to go as the longer you wait the harder it is to neutralize the quill as it soaks into things.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: skunk smell eliminator - 03/13/22 08:57 PM

When using, peroxide, baking soda, and detergent, do not put it into a sealed container. It will at least pop the cap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums