Home

?? Portable CO (carbon monoxide) chamber

Posted By: TNADC

?? Portable CO (carbon monoxide) chamber - 06/04/22 11:12 AM

Has anyone tried to make one of these? I'm thinking of making one and was looking for ideas.

Thanks, Wally
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/04/22 01:19 PM

CO2 is inhumane in my assessment from what I have seen first hand. Carbon Monoxide is a more humane dispatch method if necessary and legal in your state . Do your research and check with your states recommended guidelines.

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/05/22 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
CO2 is inhumane in my assessment from what I have seen first hand. Carbon Monoxide is a more humane dispatch method if necessary and legal in your state . Do your research and check with your states recommended guidelines.

Mr. Jameson is correct. I had one too many oxygen molecules in there. It is carbon monoxide, not carbon dioxide. Thanks for catching that Jim.

Same question though.

Thanks, Wally
Posted By: BigBob

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/05/22 07:08 PM

Several guy's on here have made them with good results. Might try asking on the ADC Forum.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/08/22 12:47 AM

Heard of one guy using large lawn and leaf bags to dispatch animals. Slide cage in bag attach hose to exhaust and slide hose into bag and start vehicle. I have never tried it myself though so not sure if it's what you're looking.

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/08/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by wormbobskey
Heard of one guy using large lawn and leaf bags to dispatch animals. Slide cage in bag attach hose to exhaust and slide hose into bag and start vehicle. I have never tried it myself though so not sure if it's what you're looking.

I have heard similar ideas, however, the modern engine I do not believe puts out enough carbon monoxide to kill them quickly. I could be wrong. Thanks for the idea.
Posted By: pick65

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 06/08/22 06:05 PM

FYI
https://icwdm.org/management/euthanasia/carbon-dioxide/
pick65
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 07/01/22 12:18 AM

I use a large storage tub I picked up at home depot or lowes. It's big enough to fit The Bridger raccoon trap (12x12x29) with a little room to spare.

Curious as to why you guys say CO2 is inhumane?
Posted By: J.Melton

Re: ?? Portable CO2 chamber - 07/01/22 08:41 PM

I use tub also with hole at bottom for hose. Also use Chloroform on shop towel in front of CO2 gas tube. Makes it quicker and more humane. When on road I just slide contractors bag over trap and put some Chloroform on rag before sealing up. They are dead when I get home. Doesn't work if trap has 1" holes in wire where they can reach through and tear holes in plastic. I don't use hot gas from exhaust because consider that inhumane. I often use 220 conibear to dispatch staked in front of trap - not skunks. Need a cutoff that slides through cage untill the conibear is ready. Then stand on ribs.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums