Home

I'm depressed

Posted By: Jim Comstock

I'm depressed - 09/11/22 03:33 PM

Somebody ran off with my 4 oz. bottle of Dobbins Beaver Plus at the New York Convention. Have had quite a bit of stuff walk away at the shows over the years.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: I'm depressed - 09/11/22 05:42 PM

How sad. Crime is everwhere, can't escape it.
Posted By: TNADC

Re: I'm depressed - 09/11/22 08:04 PM

Amazing. Outdoors people are usually the trustworthy type. Sadly if they needed it that bad, you’d probably cut them a deal. I can’t stand a thief.
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: I'm depressed - 09/11/22 11:30 PM

Nothing worse than a thief
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 01:59 AM

Years ago that got my Canon AE-1 camera and also a laser gun sight. At one show they ran off with Ivan White's bear trap. I try not to think about all the stuff that has come up missing over the years. A short time ago they got 9 brand new traps in boxes with labels on them. That one hurt.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by TNADC
Amazing. Outdoors people are usually the trustworthy type. Sadly if they needed it that bad, you’d probably cut them a deal. I can’t stand a thief.

Doesn't have to be outdoors people
Scum of the earth thieves steal from every walk of life and anywhere they think they can make a buck
That kind of scum could have driven by and saw stuff laying in tables and thought; I'll steal that from those hard working people.
NYS let's criminals go! No repercussions. Bail reform has let them free to do whatever they want.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 12:16 PM

Take finger off of them, then a hand...I know I know harsh and it sounds like a bit like the Middle East but...

Here’s one, I’m giving a predator demo at a little trapping convention and pass around a few traps one a new number 4 Victor coil. I finish the demo up and stick around to answer questions and then pick up my gear, the new #4 cannot be found, someone walked off with it...grrr
Posted By: Getting There

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Originally Posted by TNADC

Doesn't have to be outdoors people
Scum of the earth thieves steal from every walk of life and anywhere they think they can make a buck
That kind of scum could have driven by and saw stuff laying in tables and thought; I'll steal that from those hard working people.
NYS let's criminals go! No repercussions. Bail reform has let them free to do whatever they want.

NYS is not the only State that let's the criminals go, Michigan is just as bad.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 02:23 PM

I saw a big beaver walking out of there with a wide smile on his face! That's probably your culprit!

Re: I'm depressed - 09/12/22 02:31 PM

And NY is getting daily bus loads of illegals now!
Posted By: trapdye

Re: I'm depressed - 09/13/22 02:50 AM

It's a dam shame, Had two cage traps grow legs last week, I have a refundable security deposit for traps in my contracts, but you couldn't expect a homeowner to stay home all day to watch them.I try to keep them out of sight, no matter where are, you find thieves.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: I'm depressed - 09/13/22 09:49 AM

For us, former employees have taken more than customers have.

Re: I'm depressed - 09/13/22 10:58 AM

I always use a chain and lock with cages, haven't lost one yet.
Posted By: nate

Re: I'm depressed - 12/05/22 01:47 AM

What BS, I've always been told and believe it, the only thing worse than a liar is a thief. Brds.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I'm depressed - 12/05/22 01:57 AM

Its the opposite here.If you leave something on the side of the road or lose something someone will return it to you.
Posted By: Roofbolter

Re: I'm depressed - 01/15/23 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by nate
What BS, I've always been told and believe it, the only thing worse than a liar is a thief. Brds.

Usually a LIAR and a THIEF go hand in Hand. The same lack of Morals and Integrity create BOTH!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums