Home

No Mol Traps

Posted By: kinley31

No Mol Traps - 06/18/23 12:48 PM

For the professionals out there, what's your opinion on this trap?
Posted By: Cragar

Re: No Mol Traps - 06/18/23 01:20 PM

That's all I use. However other traps may work better in different types of soil. I've heard that No-Mols don't perform as good in sandy soils.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: No Mol Traps - 06/18/23 03:34 PM

We can use them all however we prefer Trapline traps. They are small, lightweight and do the job well.

Each style of trap requires its own best way of setting. Once that method is established you can use them all effectively. Sometimes I set 2 - 3 types of traps on a job just to keep up with the mechanics of each. Makes a job more fun and interesting when you get bored of the same old thing.

Work with a couple different types and see which ones you master the best.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: No Mol Traps - 06/18/23 08:08 PM

No mols work best in Sandy soils due to them not needing to be bedded. Trap lines are good too, but harder to set in Sandy soils. We had a few guys who had issues setting Traplines so we only use no mols now. Sometimes simpler is better.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: No Mol Traps - 08/19/23 12:31 AM

I caught a lot of shrews in them . . .but shrews are actually a good thing !
Posted By: kinley31

Re: No Mol Traps - 08/19/23 09:57 PM

Have been using these lately, and have had decent results, but this past week have been getting quite a few tripped traps. I've caught several shrews in them, and figured they could be firing some of them, but probably not as many as I've had. Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: No Mol Traps - 08/19/23 10:07 PM

I tested them years ago when they first hit the market. I also had several fired no catch traps. Most likely were shrews due to their much shorter body length and the speed at which they get through the tunnels probably contributed to the misses. I also did catch many shrews. Still do at times with the Trapline traps which we use.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: No Mol Traps - 08/20/23 10:20 AM

Chipmunks will fire them off and pull out of them too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums