Home

Obsidian Knives

Posted By: pintail_drake04

Obsidian Knives - 11/14/12 10:05 PM

Hi Yall, here are a few knives for sale. They go in order 1,2,3 etc. Standard scale for size comparison. Edges have been ground to prevent catastrophic injuries. ***Updated Price*** Asking $100 TYD on all remaining blades.

1 & 2

3 & 4

5 & 6

7 & 8

***Update*** due to government furloughs, I need to off load some inventory ASAP. New price is $100 TYD.
Posted By: chicken

Re: Obsidian Knives - 12/31/12 08:38 PM

Are they only for looking at?? can you use em??

They really are a work of art!!!! Just awesome!!
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Obsidian Knives - 01/02/13 12:09 AM

I have skinned a deer with one just to say "I've done that" but I do not recommend using them for such purposes. They are good for décor and conversation pieces.
Posted By: catnapper

Re: Obsidian Knives - 01/05/13 03:51 AM

Those look great! What would 6 arrowheads approximately 125 gr. cost a guy? I build Osage self bows and I have always wanted to take a deer or elk with completely primitive gear and in Wyoming it is legal to use stone points! I built a real nice snaky Osage bow that draws 60lbs@28" and has a rattlesnake skin backing with pronghorn tip overlays. I made up some cane arrows to go with it but they lack points as I have no clue how to knap.
Posted By: bender797

Re: Obsidian Knives - 01/10/13 12:19 AM

do those come with sheaths? and how do you connect the blade to the handle?
Posted By: oklahoma

Re: Obsidian Knives - 01/29/13 09:57 PM

those are very nice, i have a friend who made a knife similar to yours, he even made his own arrow tips for hunting and got a deer this year, it was very cool, alot of work,
Posted By: KimAllen

Re: Obsidian Knives - 02/28/13 07:53 PM

Please excuse me, for this is my first post here on Trapperman, but why can't I see the pictures of these blades? I have seen pictures on other posts here. But, on this one, all I can see is the numbers that are posted, I assume where the pictures should also be. I am interested in seeing them, because I recently carved a knife handle for a flint blade that a friend is putting together. The handle, I tried to carve and stain to look like a western diamondback rattler. So I was really wanting to see these blades.

Thanks for any help y'all may offer!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums