Home

heel spurs

Posted By: txhunter92

heel spurs - 10/05/11 03:09 AM

i have heel spurs in both of my feet due to planterfacia if anyone else has these let me know how you deal with it

i had some custom insoles made ($350) and they help some
Posted By: Birdman1947

Re: heel spurs - 10/06/11 01:19 AM

Well I do also have the problem. It went away after several months and now came back after a couple years. Now it hurts in the toes area. Doctor said it is the planterfaca crap. So I do need some new inserts. I wear so many different shoes I did not have some made. Lots of fun!!!
Posted By: somerset

Re: heel spurs - 10/07/11 12:31 AM

I do two things that help. One is I roll a baseball under the arches of my feet when I'm watching tv. The second is when I get into bed at night I go through the alphabet using my toes to make shape of the letters, I do this twice. Hope it helps.
Posted By: txhunter92

Re: heel spurs - 10/17/11 08:27 PM

thanks somerset

birdman i dont blame you the pair i had made ive already sent back twice because they fall apart i resorted to superglue
Posted By: G-Trapper

Re: heel spurs - 03/03/12 03:40 AM

wife has this problem she does enjoy a good foot rub and wheres kinda expensive shoes too ill have her get on some time to tell u her self
Posted By: FlyingV

Re: heel spurs - 05/08/12 11:47 AM

I had plantar fasccitis a few years ago. The doctor had custom insoles made for me. They didn't work. Then he gave each heal a shot of cortisone and that did the trick. I have since started using Redwing inserts in all my boots and shoes and even slippers. If I can't feel my arch being pushed up while wearing shoes, I know I'm going to have problems.
One thing to try when having pain is to stretch your calf muscles.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: heel spurs - 10/17/12 04:20 PM

i had mine removed surgically.nothing else worked.
Posted By: HerbWise

Re: heel spurs - 10/19/12 12:54 AM

Theres a few herbal treatments. 1. Triphala powder, it is used in Ayurvedic Medicine(India) its mostly used for Digestive complaints, however a side effect of continued use is dissolving calcium deposits such as spurs.2. & 3 The wife chimed in that using a salve of Solomon's Seal and Prickly Ash is a great combination, it may also be used internally.
Posted By: Beaver Cleaver

Re: heel spurs - 10/31/12 03:21 PM

I have the inserts from the podiatrist, don't really like them and limit shoe and boot options sometimes. I agree with FlyingV, if I don't feel great arch support as soon as you put the shoe on, it is going to be a problem. I never, ever walk around barefoot, too uncomfortable.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums