Home

Anone have A-FIB

Posted By: Chad Artimovich

Anone have A-FIB - 10/23/11 01:28 AM

I am 40 and had it when i came back from Afghanistan, was in the hospital for 3 days. 0n meds now and aspirin regmt. Anyone else in my shoes.
Posted By: roostermandave

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 10/23/11 04:25 AM

Yes,taking meds now for it,as well as other health problems.
Posted By: watarrat

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 10/26/11 04:15 AM

I've got A-Fib,type 5 blood,and a pacemaker. All the usual pills that go with it!
Posted By: Tsarevna

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 10/30/11 04:41 AM

But you smile because you know chicks dig scars. cool
Posted By: Chad Artimovich

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 11/08/11 11:37 PM

That's a clean looking scar, they did a good job.
Posted By: otterman

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 01/01/12 09:02 PM

I was on meds for it for almost 2 yrs when the meds quit working and they did an ablation. That is were they go in throughthe goin and burn the circuits that are misfiring causing the Afib. Made it through the 6 month check up with a clean bill of health no more meds and no more problems it feels so good just incredibly out of shape and have to loose 45 pounds per the DR
Posted By: Wolfer

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 01/14/12 03:20 AM

Been taking all the meds to go with A-Fib for 11 years. They say sleep apnea caused my heart to enlarge, and when they were doing the sleep study that found my heart racing I wasn't breathing for up to 3 mins.

Anyway The apnea sped my heart rate up above 300 bpm, and when they slowed it down it flipped into A-fib and has been ever since. They tried shocking and other stuff nothing has worked. Maybe one day they will give me a pacemaker. I know this digoxin has to be killing me even if it is slowly.
Posted By: muddyriver

Re: Anone have A-FIB - 01/21/12 04:25 PM

Chad, wolfer is right about the sleep apnea connection. If your doctor hasnt ordered a sleep test, then you should suggest it. Do you snore or wake yourself up with a gasp or snort?

Originally Posted By: Wolfer
Been taking all the meds to go with A-Fib for 11 years. They say sleep apnea caused my heart to enlarge, and when they were doing the sleep study that found my heart racing I wasn't breathing for up to 3 mins.

Anyway The apnea sped my heart rate up above 300 bpm, and when they slowed it down it flipped into A-fib and has been ever since. They tried shocking and other stuff nothing has worked. Maybe one day they will give me a pacemaker. I know this digoxin has to be killing me even if it is slowly.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums