Home

cardio pulmonary stress test?

Posted By: JakeDog

cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/01/12 02:00 AM

Anyone done one a these?? it is just walking on a treadmill and blowing on a tube? or am i getting injected with radioactive gunk?
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/01/12 02:11 PM

Yep, I've had it done. The speed and incline both increased though on mine. Toward the end I was jogging pretty good. I was injected with radioactive dye.

Re: cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/02/12 12:25 AM

AHHH see they didnt mention the radioactive stuff!! that aint cool! but may be worth it to stick around awhile -
Posted By: bic

Re: cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/02/12 12:40 AM

Look at the bright side! You will glow in the dark for a while. No need for a light when you are checking traps in the mornings.

Re: cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/02/12 12:56 PM

Background to this is the USCG is making me jump through hoops for a Captains license, fine - I had what docs called two asthma attacks when I was young, they see this as a reason for me to run a gammit of tests - funny thing is my career job is a firefighter in which now I am a Fire Chief. Do not know how many times I have done a combat challenge course for the fire service? if I had any issue with my lungs they are long passed -

But I do as I told and I think this will be cool - as my family (Dad's side) has a history of heart disease, maybe if there is a ticking time bomb in me somewhere this will find it.

Thanks yall,

Chief
Posted By: charles

Re: cardio pulmonary stress test? - 08/16/12 08:37 PM

I had the radio stress test in 2002. A machine then took 64 x-rays and a computer assembled them in 3-D for the cardiologist to examine. Heart was perfect but still had racing problems and slamming problems. Had the next test - which was a tube in the groin with die shot through the heart. Everything was perfect. Cool to talk to doctor during the test and see for myself what he was looking for. MD sent be to a shrink for anxiety. Problem fixed. Retirement works.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums