Home

Heart health

Posted By: AJE

Heart health - 11/25/16 03:22 AM

Does anyone think cold weather seems to elevate blood pressure?
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Heart health - 12/16/16 03:19 AM

No but all the extra coffee can change it some the extreme cold could maybe lower it a few points but nothing significant. Colder weather does slow your heart down because the oxygen is less in colder air is what my cardiologist told me. They was worried about me being out in the cold, and I told him wild horse couldn't stop me from being out in it.

Re: Heart health - 02/10/18 05:45 AM

I think some coffee is good, I suppose. But too much can raise BP I think.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: Heart health - 04/05/18 03:21 PM

hey, nitro pills help in the cold i hear to stop the shock to the ticker

Re: Heart health - 04/07/18 05:36 AM

I'm not familiar with nitro pills

Re: Heart health - 04/09/18 08:51 PM

If your not having a heart attack they will give you a herendous headache!!! They inflame your veins allowing blood to travel easier. Which in turn reduces the work load on your heart.
Posted By: acrews145

Re: Heart health - 04/10/18 01:19 PM

Amen to the nitro. They are not to be used lightly. They are a potent vasodilator (opening the blood vessels) and are designed to open narrowed vessels to allow more oxygen to the heart muscle to relieve pain caused by a lack of said oxygen. This is how they lower blood pressure, but should not be used if you do not have chest pain. Cold does increase your blood pressure due to the opposite effect of vasoconstriction (closing of the blood vessels). This keeps your vital organs warm by decreasing the blood flow to extremities and keeping it where needed.

Re: Heart health - 04/14/18 04:39 PM

excellent description acrews considerabley better than my redneck description!
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Heart health - 08/19/18 01:34 AM

ive also got heretic heart issues. A murmer and 3 calcified valves .......now the cold makes me stiff as a board.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums