Home

Back pain?

Posted By: AJE

Back pain? - 02/10/18 05:38 AM

Anyone else notice trapping may sometimes cause some low back pain? All the bending over while setting traps and placing lure, and dragging out animals like beavers...
I'm 6' tall and I land and water trap. Shoveling snow in the winter sure doesn't help though.
Posted By: kickingbird

Re: Back pain? - 03/28/18 11:59 PM

Try leaning on a chair and raise 1 leg half way and count to 10 then the other, helps stretch my lower back and pain subside.
Posted By: Davexx1

Re: Back pain? - 06/09/18 12:28 AM

I too am having low back pain. Probably comes with age and after a lifetime of heavy lifting, dragging, etc. I have not been to a doctor for diagnosis. Ibuprofen (Advil) helps alot, but the pain never goes away completely. Ibuprofen is said to be bad on your kidneys and other organs so use sparingly. I will try the exercises.

Dave
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Back pain? - 06/09/18 01:21 PM

Keeping the abdominal muscles in shape can help prevent lower back pain. My SI joints are my problem area.
Posted By: jarentz

Re: Back pain? - 06/10/18 12:40 PM

I've been a mason for 43 years, so I have a bad back.
Been stretching every morning the last 2 years, and have
not needed the chiropractor.(knock on wood)
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Back pain? - 06/10/18 01:49 PM

I know I don’t go to the chiropractor enough for regular adjustments. We are vertical creatures, gravity is constantly compressing our spine and joints. I know after I leave the Chiropractor I feel a lot better and have less headaches and joint pain.
Posted By: run

Re: Back pain? - 12/12/18 03:04 PM

A good chiropractor can really make a big difference for muscloskeletal issues.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Back pain? - 01/25/19 05:45 AM

I like the chiropractor too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums