Home

Aleve or Advil

Posted By: AJE

Aleve or Advil - 02/10/18 05:55 AM

What seems better, Naproxen (Aleve) or Ibuprofen (Advil).
Maybe it depends on the type of ache or pain. If I feel in need of such a pill, Aleve seems to work better for me in most cases.

1 benefit of Aleve is that 1 pill lasts 12 hours.

I don't seem to get relief from Tylenol, and I haven't tried Aspirin much.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Aleve or Advil - 02/15/18 01:07 AM

Different people seem to react different to the same medicines.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Aleve or Advil - 02/15/18 02:10 AM

Your question is about apples and oranges or a snare and a foothold.

There is a difference between over the counter and prescription. Tylenol might work on fevers, but that is not pain, and in hospitals it is Tylenol with codeine.

Aleve is very good for inflammation like prostatitus. Advil works on inflammation like sinusitis. Aleve requires an hour our hours to begin working, while Advil starts in 20 minutes. Neither are spectacular on nerve pain as in the spine. It is why opioid addictions are with back pain.

I am not prescribing anything here, but when I was prescribed Aleve, the pills were 1200 mgs, like horse pills. That is not for sustained use though. It is an example of pain medication reality.

You have to use the right trap for the situation and it goes with pain meds tool
Posted By: lebowski

Re: Aleve or Advil - 02/16/18 02:19 PM

I prefer naproxen but it depends on the individual and the type of pain
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Aleve or Advil - 02/18/18 04:12 PM

My Dr.told me for joint pain (arthritis),
Ibuprofen was as good as it gets for non prescription pain relief.

WS
Posted By: Davexx1

Re: Aleve or Advil - 03/02/18 02:19 AM

Yes Ibuprofen is good for inflammation and joint pain but it is hard on the body organs in large doses or continued use. I think the kidneys are at the highest risk of damage from Ibuprofen.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Aleve or Advil - 04/25/18 01:59 AM

they said daily use of naproxen was a major contributor to dads stroke he used alieve because advil quit working for his back pain
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Aleve or Advil - 04/29/18 06:43 AM

I'm prescribed 500mg of naproxen as needed. I have an odd ball arthritis, but not bad. I may bite one in half and take it 2-3 times a week. Now before I started using humira I took a lot more. I believe naproxen is hard on your liver. Where ibuprofen gets your kidneys. The doc monitors my liver enzymes through blood work biannually.
Posted By: run

Re: Aleve or Advil - 12/12/18 03:06 PM

I like Ibuactin. It made from hops and other natural pain killers -awesome stuff.

Re: Aleve or Advil - 12/13/18 06:23 PM

I've never heard of that 1.

Re: Aleve or Advil - 07/28/19 04:59 PM

A couple of my concerns with Aleve & Advil is that they don't seem good for long term kidney health. Secondly, Aleve seems to work so well at masking the pain that a person can then go out and 'over-do-it' because they don't feel the pain even though their body isn't healed. Lastly, it seems like Aleve just hides the pain instead of actually fixing the root of the problem. Thoughts?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums