Home

Home colon tests

Posted By: AJE

Home colon tests - 09/10/21 03:23 AM

In lieu of a regular full-scale colonoscopy, I wonder if it's worth sometimes considering one of those home tests
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Home colon tests - 09/21/21 11:36 PM

I believe the home tests basically test for blood. Could be many reasons for this. I would recommend a colonoscopy. I've had half a dozen. I've had a few problems which would not have been found without a colonoscopy. It's no big deal and could be worth your life

Re: Home colon tests - 10/09/21 12:14 AM

Apparently it is not a popular test. At least not among trappers. Though I don't know anyone that's tried it. I think the test is pretty new, but I am not sure. I don't recall hearing about it a couple yrs ago, now I keep hearing radio ads.
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Home colon tests - 10/19/21 03:04 AM

I go for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. You can go in my place, if you like.
Posted By: Davexx1

Re: Home colon tests - 10/24/21 01:49 AM

Colon cancer is a killer! If you value your life, get tested. They can prevent colon cancer by finding and removing any suspect colon polyps found during the colonoscopy. If cancer has already started, if it is detected early enough for treatment and you survive, you may live the rest of your life wearing a bag.

At around age 35 or so I noticed blood in the stool. It did not go away with time. Finally mentioned it to my Dr and he immediately referred me to a gastroenterologist for evaluation. He scheduled a colonoscopy and during that procedure found and removed a precancerous bleeding colon polyp and several other polyps. He said I was lucky that they found and removed it before it became much more serious. Since then I have had numerous colonoscopies. There is nothing to the procedure, you will be asleep through the procedure and when you wake up, it is all over. The day before the procedure is a little unpleasant as you drink some stuff and it cleanses your insides out.

I always have them schedule my procedure for the first one of the day, then go have a big breakfast.

Dave

Re: Home colon tests - 10/24/21 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Old pup
I go for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. You can go in my place, if you like.

I scheduled 1 for November.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums